“It was OK” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“It was OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited this place with our family friends. Food is OK prices are convenient. We had a nice evening in this restaurant.

Visited March 2013

“such a shame it's let down by some waiters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

we live nearby and me and my family all think the food is lovely here,I prefer coming here to the buffet style restaurants as you can order what you want and it's made fresh.its such a shame they are let down alot by the service,although I have to say i haven't had bad service each time,alot of the staff were friendly its just on occasion,I don't tip if the staff serving us are miserable,I enjoy the food so I don't let them ruin my night,I have to say that I have found that in the majority of Chinese restaurants I have ever visited the people do tend to be miserable so I wouldn't say they were any different here haha,they clearly hate there jobs,but if the foods nice Il go back,I don't go to chat to the staff anyway x

• Visited April 2013
leeds yorkshire
“china night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

we live near by and often call for a meal with friends and family.
Looking at other reviews, i am dismayed to read about poor waitressess and rude managment, -- i have never had a problem , and infact we are warmly welcomed by name when we visit. Granted , some of the chinese staff can appear a bit grumpy, but a smile is readily responded to. Some chinese just are doing a job, but we have always found the managment to be very polite and helpful, and enjoy a banter with
We called with our visiting son on tuesday night, and enjoyed the all you can eat menu, which was actually more tasty than usual. If i do have a comment it is that i wish there could be a change in the contents of this menu -- i think we have enjoyed every one of the items listed over the last few years , and a suprise would be good.
The price is more than good value , eating huge amounts or just a satisfying meal
we will continue to frequent this establishment, we are lucky to have it within walking distance from home

• Visited April 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've got to admit, I was a bit dubious about visiting here for the first time back in November 2012. I don't normally like 'all you can eat' restaurants as you are usually presented with a buffet overflowing with greasy rubbish.

However at China Palace this isn't the case, as you keep on ordering from the menu until you are full.

My girlfriend and I probably make a trip here once a month, then make an extra visit whenever my girlfriend's mum visits as it's one of her favourite restaurants!

The food is good, not up to the standards of a flashy city-centre Cantonese restaurant but much better than a standard takeaway. Would definitely recommend the mixed starter and the pork dumplings!

We've never had a problem with the service and found all the staff to be more than helpful.

It seems pot luck if the place is busy or not, so it would be best to book on a weekend - as with most restaurants. When the place is quiet there can be a bit of a strange atmosphere, but the food makes up for it!

• Visited March 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Only go here if you want insulting!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We turned up to this rather large but empty restaurant on March 16th also and were told we should have booked, fair enough it was a saturday night..but it was not busy at all, but then we were advised by the rudest woman ever that she WOULD fit us in, but tutted all the way to our table...we were in shock and it was more like comedy value as she was so unbeleiveably rude. When my wife asked for no ice in her drink, it was more like we had askled for her 1st born to be burnt at the stake! She then proceeded to be a miserable throughout the service and we decided to ask for the manager after we had paid. So we didn't refuse payment, we simply wanted to give them some feedback.
A gentleman told us there was no manager, then 2 minutes later said whats your f*9king problem, i am the manager...we were completely dumbstruck. All we wanted to do was give some feedback. The same man then stated why don't you British Citizens just fXC* off. My wife was so upset we turned and left the restaurant ,but to our shock he followed us out and shouted the most unbelieveable obscenities and was quite agressive. We even phoned the police. DO NOT ever give these people your money, they even said...you don't pay for service you pay for the food. Which I might also add was mediocre. It ruined what was our 1st night out alone after our baby was born 4 weeks ago and it just made my poor wife so upset.

• Visited March 2013