“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Meriden
SWales
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night before an early flight and I have to say I was very disappointed. We were horrified to discover that we had to drag our cases up 4 flights of stairs to the second floor as there is no lift and the receptionist gave the distinct impression that she couldn't care less. The room was ok, but the bathroom was a disaster. The bath was dirty, the plug mechanism was completely broken so that the bath would not empty and the water was only lukewarm. Admittedly the hotel was very busy but this room should not have been used. We arrived late and left early so there was no time to complain to the management but I will certainly not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

566 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently stayed at the Manor and after travelling for several hours to get to the MIdlands we were absolutely delighted to be greeted both professionally and welcoming on arrival at reception. It was the first time we had stayed as we had researched for a hotel which would accept dogs and we noted on Trip advisor the many positive comments so thought we would give it a try. Our rooms was absolutely immaculate and all of the communal areas were pristine, when you have a dog you usually get the old, worn and possibly dirty room but the at the Manor we were treated like 'normal' guests and the staff were absolutely exceptional in ensuring we had a great experience. The lady in the breakfast restaurant called Yvonne was so helpful, she was truly wonderful and went out of her way each day to provide us with outstanding service, the whole team appeared to be really happy to be there and it made the whole atmosphere warm and one which we will definitely return to, this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked this hotel last November for one night stay in March plus parking whilst we were on holiday and a further night on our return. When we checked in for the outward leg the receptionist made a note on the computer that we would be late checking in on our return and we enjoyed our stay that night. The breakfast was excellent. We arrived back from holiday about 9.30 in the evening and the receptionist (a different one from our first stay) told us that the computers had crashed when we were away resulting in our booking being lost so they could not accommodates us as they were full. We were offered alternative accommodation at their sister hotel which I had to accept as I didn't fancy a four hour drive home after having travelled for most of the day.
I don't buy this excuse that the computer had crashed causing our booking to be lost, surely they have a back-up system. The attitude of the second receptionist did not help as she appeared to be enjoying our annoyance, plus she checked in another guest whilst we were deciding what to do. When we arrived at the alternative hotel the receptionist there couldn't have been more helpful and sympathetic. She told us that we were the only customers to be referred to them that day.
I have been in touch with the Manor about our lack of accommodation and they stick to their computer excuse but were very apologetic and have offered a free room upgrade if we were to stay with them in future. However it is unlikely that I will be using Best Western again following our treatment which is a pity really as the hotel itself was good.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel proved very comfortable with very high standard for a basic room with no upgrade . Exceptional service at the Resturant . The manager was accommodating professional & served on hand wonderful three course meal .

Parking facilities were great since you could access your car for your overnight bag on luggage weight . Very friendly staff

Down side to the stay - only 1 car was booked for two people with luggage & there were four of us staying . We were promised this would not happen on the return and again it did so tight for space in standard taxi with four adults & luggage very disappointed at this hotel claimed that the booking was for just two people so big mix up

Expensive for drinks at the hotel if you are spending evening there . Tip to clarify if more than two adults commuting to airport at 5am ...... Unsuccessfully managed by late rooms . Com who had told me it was a booking for 4 people

• Stayed February 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here overnight prior to our flight from Birmingham. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Ate in the bar and the food was good. Taxi was booked for 5am and arrived promptly. If I stayed again though I wouldn't drag the cases up to the room, too many stairs! I would leave them in the car until the morning. On our return we rang the number provided and as soon as we got to the pick up point the taxi was there. An excellent service. Would definitely stay agin when flying from the airport.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is perfect for anybody visiting the NEC or the motorbike Museum (where we have had a number of exhibitions and conferences). The prices were outstanding for the two nights I stayed there.

I had a Club sandwich (£8.25) in the bar from the all day menu. It was one of the best I have had in a long time. The chips were crunchy and crisp, the meat content was certainly all a carnivore could ever have asked for! There had to be a whole chicken breast and two huge rashers of good quality bacon in this construction. The toasted wholemeal was excellent, the coleslaw garnish generous. I washed it down with a bottle of excellent white wine (£17.45) that I later shared with my sister.

I forgot my cufflinks - "no problem sir we can sell you a pair for £12.95" (and jolly nice they are too I might say!)

Breakfast is a buffet and there is a very nice muesli to start, the toaster that is like a conveyor belt and a huge selection of lidded hot trays from which to choose and exhaustive breakfast.
Tea and coffee is delivered to you table by a waitress.

My room is clean and elegant, but every room looks like every other. The flat screen was HUGE, and for a gadget man I was impressed. Free wi-fi is something I really appreciated. Good for you Best Western, it costs nothing to you but it means a lot to us clients! Tea and coffee making facilities and two scrummy biscuits that you want to eat rather than take home for a treat for the dog!

The staff are firndly, helpful and will go way out of their way to be helpful.

Room Tip: I have stayed there a few times and so far I and my colleagues have always been happy and the rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We held our wedding and reception at The Manor Hotel and would like to pass our heart felt thanks to all the Staff that made our special day, even more special. The arrangements with Louise, the organisation on the day by Laurent and all the other members of staff were warm and friendly and made our day go without a hitch. The food served throughout the day was excellent, as was the breakfast served the following morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Best Western Plus Manor Hotel Meriden? Share your experiences!