“Double shot, not double price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Steyning, United Kingdom
“Double shot, not double price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I like a decent coffee and that's exactly what I get in Chez Joel. And there's no sneaky extra charge for a double shot, which I think is a very good way of doing business. The service is friendly and relaxed, which helped me today; I was meeting a supplier who was stressed by a very bad journey. A bit of banter with the staff put him right and we had a good meeting.

They do food here, but to be honest I haven't eaten for a while. But as a place to have informal business meetings, you can't beat it in my opinion.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent food - great ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

One of our favourite places to eat in Steyning. Perfect for lunch with a lovely cosy atmosphere and delightful, friendly service. We are keen to visit for dinner when we live nearer. Very good value and home cooked food that is clearly produced from the finest quality ingredients.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Steyning, United Kingdom
“Laid-back and Honest - France in West Sussex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This small cafe / restaurant / delicatessen is run by the delightful Sarah (herself half-French) in the High Street in Steyning, West Sussex. It started out as a Deli / Cafe and then the local French Conversation class started hanging out there on Thursday evenings and its progressed from there. You won't get Michelin star quality here but good, honest, home French cooking at a very reasonable price. And to get you in the spirit of a delightful evening, Sarah is happy to converse in English, French or even Franglais - all with a touch of humour!
We eat there regularly and one of my friends was so impressed, he booked the whole restaurant for his 60th birthday - complete with his own band.

• Visited December 2012