“10 out of 10” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bedale, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food is amazing , even my 2 kids love it . Your always made to feel welcome and the service is 10/10 I really recommend !!!!!

• Visited April 2013

Yarm, United Kingdom
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I agree with all the glowing comments in the reviews. This is one of our favourite restaurants. The owner, Victor, is so proud of his inn and is happy to tell you the provenance of the food if you wish. He's also very helpful to one of our disabled friends. We've had guinea fowl whenever it's available and it's the best we've had. Other meals are also very good. The atmosphere is always good because of the friendly staff and the open fire etc.

• Visited January 2013
Yorkshire, England
“Superb country pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I can highly recommend this pub, the landlord is the friendliest and most helpful you could ask for and keeps an excellent pint of Black Sheep. The welcoming atmosphere makes eating and drinking there a pleasure. We called for lunch mid week, my wife had the curry accompanied by all the trimmings and I had the Dover Sole, the presentation and quality of food was extremely good, the waitress was friendly and attentive.We will definitely be returning.

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Beware...Simply Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited this restaurant with friends and family after hearing rave reviews. I Was made to feel most unwelcome by the staff. The food is simply boring and I am not generally a fussy person. The ambiance was, how can I put this…”geriatric Tory”. One of the worst meal experiences I have ever had on the globe.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stockton-on-Tees
“Exceptional Welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bedale is such a lovely place and on a recent visit we used Trip Advisor to select somewhere to eat. We decided to try this recommended pub and it exceeded our expectations. It was a short drive but worth it.
As soon as we walked in we were warmly greeted by the landlord and made to feel very welcome- he even even offered a taste of their homemade lemonade before he allowed me to order it just in case it didn't suit! It did!
The food was just delicious, I ordered lemon sole as it was recommended and it was lovely. My daughter went for the steak and kidney pie which was also first class. My husband asked about a seafood platter and they made one to order for him and even offered more chips if he felt he needed them, which he didn't.
The desserts were equally tempting and normally we don't have two courses at lunch but we couldn't resist with such a lovely selection.
The pub was all you'd expect of a Yorkshire country pub, roaring log fire and so on. I can't believe we've overlooked it for so long, especially as we are regular visitors to this area, it was definitely worth the short diversion.
Overall, a really great find and I know we'll definitely be visiting again, probably with other family members in tow!

• Visited March 2013