“Hotel Moulay Yacoub” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moulay Yacoub
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hotel Moulay Yacoub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is more or a romantic getaway than a city break hotel. Whilst it is very remote, it is also beautiful. Driving to the hotel through the countryside and the mountains is an experience itself - however make sure you negotiate the price with the driver before leaving!! (From Fés airport, price should be 300 dhms).

The food here is not Moroccan. It is British food - awful British food at that. The 'salade mixte' contained pineapples, apples, carrots, bananas, salad leaves, olives, fish....bit of a medley from the kitchen really!

However, if you are not planning on staying here for that long and you can deal with average food, this place is a pretty cool for a stopover. Good views, nice staff and very relaxed.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Girona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I already read a review about this place saying that the moment you left they would come after you for money, next time I will listen to what people say here on the reviews: I got there on a Friday and the gentleman at the front desk gave me a 45€ deal for 2 nights, I payed and was tired from the trip and forgot to ask for an invoice, on Monday that gentleman was not working, and the people there would not let me leave the hotel and tried to extort 45 more euros, saying I didn´t pay, they yelled and insulted me for 1 hour under the scorching sun, and was held against my will, they would not let me go, I was totally terrorised by these people, crying to the top of my lungs, and asked a modern looking Morroccan lady to call the police, to my surprise she went and payed the 45€ and they let me go, i couldn´t believe it, one of the most surreal situations in my life

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Moulay Yacoub hotels

Casablanca, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

we booked two rooms, one for my wif and me and one for my children, we stayed 10 days. the staff were very nice especially restaurant staff, the food was OK, but a lot of works must be done to improve the rooms, leak of water in bathroom, the balcony is dirty, the chairs and the table in the balcony seem are from WWII,
animation in the swimming pool is very poor.
the village of moulay yacoub is very nice and safe.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

We booked a bungalow in the grounds as being a mountain retreat we thought this would be a wonderful place to relax for a few days. When we arrived we were taken to the 'bungalow' - it was AWFUL'!! It smelt, the soft furnishings were filthy and there were a load of cigarette burns - the kitchen was rudamentary to say the least and the bathroom - well, best not say. The 'terrace' had high walls and had not been swept for months - covered with grime and grot thoughout....We expressed our disappointment and were moved to a bedroom in the hotel, this was better but still not of a very high standard with chipped and broken furniture, coffee cup rings throughout and a bathroom that looked as though it was last cleaned in the 1970's!! We stayed two days and then checked out. The bar was dark and miserable. The restaurant was OK and the service good, food of a reasonable standard and reasonable value - decor - out of the 70's - general level of cleanliness was poor - OK in the public areas, which are the areas that they photograph - last straw was the swimming pool - it was 2'6" deep throughout - hopeless for swimming and too deep for a paddling pool for the kids!! This is a wasted opportunity - in the most wonderful of locations and the worst hotel I have ever seen......do NOT visit here

• Liked — Absolutely nothing at all
  • Disliked — Dont get me started
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
charleston, s.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

We had a great time @ Moulay Yacoub..Service was great. Just squeezed Fresh orange juice. Great ambience..Thermal spa is cheap for foreigners..Full body massage and other treatments for less than $100.00 USD. I would definitely go again. The townspeople are great also.

• Liked — the view from our private patio..Rolling hills and orange trees.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Casablanca, Morocco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

In my trip to the center of morocco,i started with ifrane,azrou and then moulay yacoub wich is known for its thermal station.
we did not have any booking,so we decided to look for a hotel once there.we choosed Moulay yacoub hotel.My husband and i choosed it because of its location a bit far from the noise of the market of moulay yacoub.(thing that i recommand )
they proposed a room with a big bed but its was too small and a middle of bangalows,therefore i accepted a double room with two seperate bed (i was a bit frustrated by that! lol)
The room in general was nice,very clean and bathroom well equiped (exept a bad smell that comes from time to time from the toilet).the room was also equiped with an air conditionner.
the room had a large balcony that was in front of the swimming pool and a garden.But that created an inconvinient : the animation in the swimming pool started early in the morining for kids,and continues till 11PM at night for adults!!! my husband retained me many times for calling the administartion,because i was very disturbed and my trips object was to relax!!! that was a very bad point for the hotel.
we stayed for one night ,and the day we leaved ,i was surprised early in the morning by the slamming of the doors (very very noisy)that even awaked me.that noise was engendered by the cleaning ladies who just cant do an effort and block the room's door when thay are cleaning it!!
The only god thing i can retain is the good price we got while leaving 570dirhams (57usd)
Its a clean hotel,with a nice rooms,but its staff needs to be more professionnal (im talking about cleaning ladies) its more a hotel suitable for families and not for a couple ,hopefully we spent there only one night otherwise i would be mad of noise!!!!

Stayed August 2006

Been to Sogatour Moulay Yacoub? Share your experiences!