Staff are nice – the Hotel and Apartments could do with a few improvements
Booked a one bedroom apartment with balcony and was initially given a musty smelling, thin sliver of an apartment in a run-down building in the back streets, with an opaque window at one end and a very small courtyard/drying area at the other. The funny thing is – I had read another review where this had happened so I wonder how regularly this occurs? It was quite late at night, the receptionist was helpful but there were apparently no other rooms available so he promised to sort it out next day. So we spent our first night in this really grotty room (I hardly slept) but at least we were moved the next day to another apartment, which although basic and the beds and pillows really needed to be replaced, was acceptable. It wasn't the kind of place you’d like to hang around in for too long but that was OK because we just used it as a base. It was easy to get around by bus. We both bought a weekly bus pass for €12 and travelled to various places, Mdina, Gozo (ferry costs €4.65) Valetta several times and just up the road to St Julian’s for a chill out day. We had a fantastic time overall. There were lots of cultural and historical places of interest. We especially liked St John’s Co-Cathedral in Valetta – it was awesome.
We recommend the Maharajah Indian Restaurant, which is a short walk to the right as you come out of the Bayview Hotel. The food was delicious and the portions were huge.
I tried the hotel rooftop pool once. The indoor pool was really a giant bath. The outdoor pool was a reasonable size and fairly pleasant to swim in even though it was October.
Free Wi-fi in the Apartments is good (although it wouldn't connect in the substandard apartment we were in initially).
We would go to Malta again but would choose another place to stay. The Bayview Apartments were reasonably priced and the staff were pleasant but it was basic accommodation which could do with a few improvements.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Apartments
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Il Gzira
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is situated in the Promenade area of Sliema close to bars, restaurants, shopping area, nightlife and historic events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.