We really enjoyed our stay here. It is a small informal hotel, and Dennis, the owner, is very friendly and helpful, without being intrusive. Together with his fiancé they provided great customer care, the breakfast was cooked to order, and Dennis booked us a horse riding trip, and made a telephone call on our behalf to rearrange one of our transfers. He was very easy going and full of advice regarding where to eat etc. Sure, Carillo is in a quiet setting, and there isn't much going on out of season, but isn't that what a relaxing holiday needs? Our room was fairly basic, but clean, and we felt very relaxed setting up a small camp outside our room, to drink wine, watch a lonesome howler monkey, and chat with the friendly people next door. The pool was small, but relaxing and for the price we paid, with the breakfast included, our stay was good value. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable. By the way. La Tucan, opposite provided great food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family oriented hotel, welcoming singles, couples, wedding parties, families, children, and handicap guests. Being a small hotel of 7 rooms we offer a warm family atmosphere with the added bonus of having the amenities of the larger hotels. In 2007 we accomplished a total remodel including all guestrooms with European tiles and exotic Mahogany and Cedar woods throughout. The hotel also features the addition of a new custom pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Esperanza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza Hotel Playa Samara
- Hotel Esperanza Guanacaste, Costa Rica