The howler monkeys and sunset view were the highlights of own two night stay here in early March 2013. The roosters crowing at 4am to sunrise were a downer.This place is in major need of an update but the current prices are reasonable. The rooms are very dated and tired looking, with two burnt out lightbulbs and bare walls. The pool was murky and gross with no one using it. I am guessing this place caters to the locals verses international travelers. We ate are breakfast there and it was okay but nothing special...but the view was lovely. I would say don't go, just not fabulous. The local beach down the road was one of the most enjoyable on our 3 week trip to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guanamar is a three star family hotel in Playa Carrillo Costa Rica in Guanacaste province which has been operating for the last 25 years in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica, near the warm waters of Pacific ocean.It just 2 miles from Playa Samara. The hotel is surrounded by the rich and exuberant flora and fauna typical from the area. Guanamar is perfectly situated on the hill top at the southern end of the bay, inviting guests to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views and sunsets. Guanamar is located close to samara beach hotels (4miles) and just 1 mile from local airport (samara airport). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Guanamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guanamar Hotel Playa Carrillo
- Hotel Guanamar Guanacaste, Costa Rica