This hotel is amazing. The views from any angle are to die for!! Staff is very accomodating and pleasant. We stayed there for 2 nights and enjoyed many adventures. Walking on the beach and taking in the tropical atmosphere was unreal. Went on a half day fishing trip from the hotel ($350) and caught black tuna and needle fish. Delightful guide that knew some English and worked very hard for us. We wanted to do the Marlin fishing, but other charters were very expensive to rent.
We did take in the Turtle tour and was able to see a rare black turtle come into shore and lay her eggs (85 of them), and the release of new borns back into the ocean from the sanctuary/reserve. This is conducted at night so its very hard to see. Unfortunately the people that were with us kept putting on their ipod lights that was disturbing the turtle.
The restaurant was very good and plentiful. I am elergic to some items so they accomodated me and made me special plates for me to enjoy.
The sunsets were without words. Sitting back on the deck, drinking Miami Vices (pinocolada mixed with strawberry dacqari), with peace and quiet.... what more could you ask for?
We took a taxi to the beach town ($10) for our shopping adventures. Fantastic people that you can barter with and came away with some really nice gifts at very reasonable prices. The tempature for this day was 34 degrees celcuis (94 farenheight) . Extremely hot but SO loved it and absorbed it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guanamar is a three star family hotel in Playa Carrillo Costa Rica in Guanacaste province which has been operating for the last 25 years in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica, near the warm waters of Pacific ocean.It just 2 miles from Playa Samara. The hotel is surrounded by the rich and exuberant flora and fauna typical from the area. Guanamar is perfectly situated on the hill top at the southern end of the bay, inviting guests to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views and sunsets. Guanamar is located close to samara beach hotels (4miles) and just 1 mile from local airport (samara airport). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Guanamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guanamar Hotel Playa Carrillo
- Hotel Guanamar Guanacaste, Costa Rica