“Best place on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Asian, Thai, Diner
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Open 6 days a week (off on Wednesdays)Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dunch!?, Snacks, Dinner, Supper...We're located on the beach (opposite Cenang Mall, between Aliah Restaurant and Little Lylias, behind Tomato Nasi Kandar)
“Best place on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice staff, awesome food, great rock music and cheap beer. All in all probably the best place on the beach.

Bangalore
“Best Hangout in Chenang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Rafii's is this little gem tucked away in a corner of the colourful Chenang beach. The beach is lined with such places but what makes Rafii's special is the serving sizes, price, location, and hospitality. While the beer is the cheapest around, the food is generous, and fairly good to taste. The lady at the helm of affairs is very sweet, energetic, and unobtrusive. A totally great place to hang out at Chenang.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Has an excellent staff and the food is amazing. eating while your feet inside the sand is the best feeling ever.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We loved Rafii's. Beautiful location on the beach and the food is fantastic. Very very helpful staff. Don't walk by go in and sample the amazing menu. You won't be disappointed. Great place.

“In a word...perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Where do I start.... This place is amazing, perfect, fantastic and every other superlative I could ever think of!!

The food is great, I had (on my first night) the Fish and chips, which happened to be Barracuda and chips. Lightly battered to perfection and just gorgeous. When the waiter, Lan bought it over, seeing I was a Brit said 'you could get this at home'.... er.. no I can't! I live in KL and have done for a year and a half so I am used to Malaysian cuisine and this was out of this world, BY FAR the BEST fish and chips I have ever had.

Aided partly by the fact that I was sat with my feet in the sift white sand of the beach, with the waves lapping the shore as I ate and sipped my beer, listening to cool relaxed tunes in the background, the atmosphere is perfect.

I was in Langkawi for work , sadly for me but needless to say, I went back for all 3 nights of my stay and every time found a warm pleasant welcome, fantastic, attentive staff in this family run bar and restaurant.

Would I recommend this place? Next time I am back in Langkawi it will be THE place for me eat and relax...

Thank you to all the staff for making a lone business guy feel welcome. This would be ideal for couples too, if I were there with my girlfriend, the candle lit sea side tables would be perfect too!