It must come to the top of our best stays away from home, so far.
If we hadn't got so many other places to go we would return there.
Ten nights in a Super King double bed which was so comfortable and quiet., waking up to a superb breakfasts and service each day.
All tea, chocolate drink, coffee & fruit all day - free. with complementary, jugs of Iced drinking water , cool minted face cloths at the beach and pool areas.Good library with reading area and free internet for those who have to check in to home!
The beach was made up of shell sand so means you have to wear sandals. The sea is pretty dead of sea life except in November & December when it's Jelly Fish season. Beware of these nasties. The staff informed us of one Guest having to cut her holiday short because of a bad sting. The beach has no warnings and there are many white with red tentacles and the are really dangerous 'Red Jelly Fish' out there and washed up on the beach.
The locals wear clothes to prevent stings, we thought they were fully covered because of there Religion.
The Hotel offers a very Romantic Restaurant at the beach front. The Chef has fantastic credits but we found some of the flavours very confusing. The service again was very good.
but if the prices of the drinks at the bar were lower and the staff were friendly then this would encourage more residents to stay there instead of going elswhere.
The main street itself is not that special or authentic with many touristy Restaurants and clothing shops available for most of the day. All the pathways along this busy street had all been dug up and pedestrians have to walk on the road. After two days of rain it was dangerous and unpleasant walking out at all into muddy puddles and trying to dodge the cars, buses and lorries.
We left Casa Del Mar for a stay at The Datai (& Anderman) and apart from the beach quality and the Jungle flora we preferred the Casa Del Mar for value & friendliness.
The Manager of the Hotel got married locally and all his friends and relatives stayed over at the time of our stay.. Thank you Jason, you were great and I wish you and Victoria a very happy life together. Thank you again to all the staff. at the Casa Del Mar
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.