We spent 10 nights at CDM, booked purely on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews. We wanted a quiet, kid free relaxing break . We travel frequently , and stay in beautiful hotels but our experience at CDM tops it all. We have had nicer rooms, bigger pools etc but what stands out at CDM is the whole package . The service is outstanding , the rooms spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Our only negative was that my husband at 6 foot 2' was too tall to stand under the shower head without bending down. The rooms are kept very clean, the nightly turn down was really another room servicing. We couldn't fault it. We only left the hotel on the day CDM offered us a car while works were carried out. We had planned a relaxing break, and we had no need to leave. Whilst lounging, swimming, reading for the day, Azaha kept us cool with minted ice towels, fruit sticks and frozen mango. He is a gem, and he was a big positive in our stay. We would spend a couple of hours in our room in the afternoons, watching dvd's and munching on the thoughtfully provided bikkies and nuts. On two days we were concerned with drilling noise from works. Complimentary champagne was provided and wine in the room. We understand that works have to happen sometime, and low season is the best choice and we were happy at the way that staff cared about it and took action to alleviate any discomfort. Champagne is good for that! Dinner at La Sal is a whole other review. Kiela and Ita again shining examples of great service providers and lovely people. The food is not expensive, and the wine list pretty good.
We attended the first of two complimentary welcome drinks with Tom and had a lovely night with lovely folk. On the second we just wanted to relax. We were sitting along the beach and pleasantly surprised to have a tray of complimentary champagne, beer and nibbles provided to us - TWICE. We had been noticed, and thought of. The service at CDM really is outstanding.
Breakfast is nice, being a mixture of buffet and a la carte. Much more civilized than full buffet. I only needed to order grapefruit juice once and it was remembered for the entire holiday. The staff were lovely ( I know I'm repeating myself now!)
I have read reviews of beach noise. Even with jet skis, we did not find it intrusive.
We had three massages at the spa and found the service especially good. HanI was just lovely and understood that we just wanted to relax.
All in all we had a fabulously relaxing holiday , even with the end having my husband beginning his 2000km cycle ride for an October cancer cycling challenge from CDM on a dodgy bike!
Thank you CDM for a complete a complete relax and recharge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Fastbooking, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang