We stayed at Casa Del Mar for 4 nights in June and loved every minute of it! Our choice to stay here was based on Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed.
We had pre-arranged our airport pick-up with the hotel but after our flight was about 2-3 hours delayed I was pleasantly surprised to find a hotel representative waiting for us. At the hotel we were welcomed by cold towels and a refreshing drink. Our room - Agung - was nicely appointed. I loved the little sitting area in our "front yard" and the vicinity to the beach. You could literally walk out the door and be on the beach in 5 steps and there were lots of beach chairs and umbrellas available. I loved coming back to the room every night to the fresh scent of mint - they would set up a small scented lamp during turndown service.
We had dinner on the beach on the first night and I would highly recommend it. Very romantic! We had the 3-course meal including the Malaysian tasting platter and it was a lot of food. The drink selection at the bar was great as well.
Breakfast had some good made to order options - the service was a bit inconsistent depending on who was on duty but nothing to worry about overall.
If you want to explore the island, I would recommend you ask the front desk staff to request a driver for you. They can set this up with one of the local taxi companies and they found us a great English speaking driver (Abdul). We told him that this was my first time in Asia and he made sure I saw everything Langkawi had to offer from picturesque rubber tree plantations to durian trees and monkeys.
- Don't hesitate to venture into the town for some dining options. The Almaz restaurant across the street offers some great options for lunch and the Ramli restaurant down the road allows you to blend in with the locals.
- For some reason the hot water tap in the hotel is freakishly hot and my husband accidentally burned his arm. So be careful, particularly if you're travelling with children.
- We continued our trip to Krabi and there is a little travel agency up the street that can arrange everything (ferry, bus etc) for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang