I can understand why Casa Der Mar is ranked very highly and for that reason I booked it for our honeymoon but unfortunately we might have been the exception and not the rule. We had a few issues of being overcharged for the room, extra bill which wasn't ours, charged for an item with no bill, the concierge booked jet ski session for us that the vendor would not honour and my husband had to bring in our own bags. For a hotel of that quality and with the expectation one has of being on a honeymoon I felt quite disappointed. However, the manager and the checkout staff really made up for the lack of service we initially had and kindly worked through the difficulties and even sent us a honeymoon hamper at our next hotel. We were touched.
It is a peaceful holiday location, good to read books and relax but I would not return unfortunately, we actually had a better time at the Danna. But once again we might have been the exception not the rule. :)
Oh we recommend the Castaway outing - lovely. We also did the La Luna dinner but interestingly were being discouraged by the check in staff to do so, they said "if you eat alot its good, but if not just eat the restaurant". Whatever the case, whether you eat "alot" or not, its a lovely experience and worth doing once in your life or couple times in one's lifetime! :) (added touch bring your iphone to play background music - made our night!)
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.