This was my first experience of what I'd call a splurge/ expensive boutique hotel, and while I wouldn't do it every time, it was a lovely stay. The hotel looks proper pimp - amazing picture postcard swimming pool set back from a row of palm tress right on the beach. The service was truly exceptional - friendly, dedicated and lots of staff to help out with every small need. This is the kind of hotel where they bring you jugs of iced water to your sun lounger ready for when you get there - nice little touches.
We had the rom Enak (meaning delicious) and it was fantastic - right on the edge of the pool, with a private little garden bit, and huge inside - more of a suite than a room i'd say! The girlfriend was very happy with the toiletries in the bathroom (important to them!) and there was fresh fruit brought to us every day.
We also ate in the restaurant which was decent value, especially the beer which seems to be taxed much more cheaply in Penang than southern Malaysia. Good coktails, great food, and an utterly stunning view of the sea and islands off Pantai Cenang. Truly gorgeous place to eat dinner and watch the sun set.
Breakfast every day was a particular highlight - generous choices off the a la cate menu, plus a delicious buffet style offering including fresh fruit, home made jams and preserves (try the mango and passionfruit!), and even champagne cocktails. We used the spa as well for a massage which was pretty good.
Can't recommend Casa Del Mar enough - it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.