My family of 2 adults and 2 children stayed at the Pelangi Beach 29 March 2006 for 13 nights.I had read many mixed reviews of the hotel and being a travel agent knew that you cannot please all the people all of the time.I can honestly say that having stayed at many 5 star resorts and 4 stars too that this hotel was everything we needed in a hotel and more.
The room we had was a lake view which I shared with all my family and it was beautiful.It was very roomy which was just as well as we had a 3rd bed in there plus a cot.The staff were all fantastic.On arrival to the hotel we discovered that Malaysian Airlines had broken our buggy - Nora the lady at reception called their engineer at 1030pm and got it fixed and returned to me within the hour !
The food at the Hotel was exeptional - we used room service alot and it was so reasonably priced and prompt.
The Thai restaurant was really excellent too.
Eating out we tried the Bon Ton very nice but a little
pricey well worth a visit.
We Really liked the Red tomato on the beach for breakfast and on the main strip too for Pasta and Pizza.
The Indian restaurant on the main road was great, just like home.
The Beach Garden Restaurant for sunset beach dinners were very special.
We also found a sweet little beach cafe called Leilas
cafe which did a fantastic Veggie Chilli , they only opened afternoon -evening but they are well worth the visit - especially if you have toddlers as they have lots of toys to keep them happy while you eat.
Sightseeing was great too - cable car , Kuah town etc
hire a car or a taxi driver for the day is a great idea.
In summery , The hotel was super , the food catered for every one even fussy children , the pools were warm and inviting , the staff were so nice , the weather was perfect .
We are definately going back - and to those people who prefer the Datai etc to The Pelangi .The Pelangi is for those who like the simple luxury without having to dress for dinner or having to keep the children quiet just in case it ruins the ambiance.
Thankyou to everyone for a super holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, AsiaRooms, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.