The new waterpark for kids is awesome - especially for 2 - 7yr olds. The main pool area is also good. However, there were some significant issues.
Firstly, when we arrived at 9pm, we were told that we were in two rooms next to one another, rather than connecting rooms. The hotel claimed we hadn't asked for connecting rooms, until I showed them the request. They were really very, very unhelpful. It took about 1/2hr for them to find connecting rooms. They eventually moved us to connecting sea-view rooms, but it was a very bad start to our holiday.
Breakfast was ok. There was a large range, but the quality was poor. The only reasonable thing was the eggs. The omelettes were quite good but the small goods sections with ham, cheese etc sat sweating in an unairconditioned room for hours....
The biggest problem was the kids club was simply awful! Between us my husband and I took our kids 4 times and at no stage was there ever a staff member in there (apart from someone charging their phone...) It was absolutely filthy (think old urine and dead bugs on the floor of the bathroom and a toilet that wasn't cleaned during our week-long stay) The floor in the main room of the kids club had built up grime. The toys are old, often broken and definitely tired. There were holes in the floor with lino over the tops. The whole things was definitely unsafe. On our second last day I brought the situation the attention of the one of the duty managers who had the grace to be embarrassed. When we checked out the manager saw us an apologised and took 20% off our bill, which was nice of him. Apparently he has only been there a couple of weeks so things may improve but why wasn't something done about it as soon as he arrived?? Surely he toured the whole property and would have seen the kids club.
It's a shame because the location of the property is great and in Langkawi there are limited options for small children.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Splendia, AsiaRooms, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.