This was our third visit to this hotel and the place has improved massively since our last stay in 2011. We all had a fantastic time and cant wait to return. The new water playground was a massive hit with our elder two children and the wonderful jacuzzi pools with canopy coverings perfect for our one year old. Also loved the super comfy new pool furniture! Was surprised the swim up bar had gone but actually the new beachfront facility proved perfect (and although I didnt catch his name I would like to highly commend the lovely waiter who was ferrying everyone's drinks and food to the pool all day!). All of the new landscaping is great around the main pool and I am looking forward to seeing what will be done with the other pool which was closed for refurb the next time we come back.
The rooms are also massively improved from our last stay. The dingy bathrooms have gone and been replaced with modern large bathrooms. The room was much brighter and welcoming. Nice and clean too.
We also very much enjoyed the Club Lounge which was part of our package. The beachfront massage service was a bit hit n miss. The first time I used it was with a woman and it was the full hour I paid for and wonderful. The second time it was a man who spent 50 mins literally concentrating on my feet and poking my face as he seemed reluctant to do the full body I had asked for. I was done out of ten mins but I had had enough by then anyway. Strangest full body I've ever had!
Our main quibble was the endless bad service in the main restaurant in the evenings. The morning service for breakfast was hectic but great, but this only made it more puzzling that in the evening with no where near the amount of people to be seen to the service was so bad. We received general apathy at best and total rudeness at worst. We had to wait 50 mins for a dinner one evening despite there only being 3 tables occupied and when it did arrive it was cold and burnt (club sandwiches so nothing fancy or difficult!). We sent it all back to much huffing and puffing from the waiter. It was slammed back down in front of us another 20 mins later. It was such a shame as having three children we did prefer to not go too far for evening meals but the service in there did deter us from eating there after two failed services on consecutive nights.
I dont want to end on the negative though as I honestly couldnt recommend this as a family get away more. The beach is lovely and clean, the hotel packed with great facilities and the rooms comfortable. We will most definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang