We spent five nights in the resort in January, a delightful location at the quiet end of Cenang Beach. It is only a five - ten minute walk into the town where there are many restaurants. The sunsets over the bay can be amazing.
When we arrived we were offered a free upgrade to include access to the Club lounge, this was appreciated and we took advantage of it for evening cocktails.
Our choice of two, newly refurbished deluxe beachfront rooms, did not disappoint. We had two adjacent ground floor rooms with a shared veranda from which we could access the beach.
The food in the resort is a little disappointing and rather overpriced, we sampled lunch in the main restaurant and a light meal in the new beach bar. Breakfast was fairly chaotic, busy no matter the time, we got the impression that there were not enough staff available, the tables were not cleared quickly enough to accommodate the diners. The buffet choice looked impressive initially but I have to say we felt it was rather unimaginative and repetitive in comparison to other 4 star hotels.
Clearly there has been a large investment in upgrading the public areas of the resort and currently they are still renovating the chalets, the work did not affect us in any way. The beach bar is lovely but it would really benefit from the addition of some umbrellas for shade, I'm sure this would encourage more guests to use the facility during the day.
Summing up, we had a lovely break at the hotel, the staff were very pleasant and helpful, we would not hesitate in recommending this resort to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang