My wife and I have been going to Langkawi for many years and one of the places we have wanted to stay at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort, so this time we did as the hotel has had a major up grade.
We were not disapointed , the atmosphere, location and ambience are superb. The day we arrived we were booked into a room in a chalet by the lake which was very nice. On the 2nd day due to a guest in the room above flushing and bloking the toilet there was a flood and some water was dripping into our room. The when we advised the front desk we were asked to put our things together and they would move us right away. My wife and I were a little shocked by the speed and were disapointed by leaving our lakeside but our disapointment was short lived..
We were moved to beach side - it was great, the view, the sound of the waves - god it was great.
The complex, the grounds everything about Meritus is wonderful, a very short walk to all the shops and great restaurants.
Our favourite restaurant had always been Orckid Ria the food here is still very good but it has become so popular that you do have to wait for your food. I would suggest the following as great options.
1) Eagle House Seafood Village - the food here is very good and on a par with Orkid Ria maybe even a little better. Would give it 4/5 stars
2) If you venture into Kuah Town try Water Garden - which during the day is one of the best hawker centres in Langkawi and at night becomes a top rated seafood restaurant. Would give 4.5/5 stars.
Over all this was a wonderful stay in Langkawi and Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort was wonderful and we found the staff were really good, always helpful and accommodating. I hate to nit pick but my only knock was the breakfast - the Malaysian breakfast dishes were not up to par and should have been much better. The restaurant & kitchen staff were so good it was a pleasure dealing with them. I will give this hotel 4.75 / 5 thats my nit pick but still a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Expedia so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang