We arrived at the hotel on 16-Dec late morning. The initial impression - around the entrance - was not great for some reason – felt vaguely tacky. The lobby was impressive – wood everywhere, spacious, vaulted ceilings… We were ushered to a comfortable seating area, and installed with a drink. The fella left with our passports, and we were left in peace. The check-in was over in about 15 mins. We had 2 rooms. Since we had small children with us, the management went the extra mile to give us rooms close to each other. The whole check-in process was nicely done.
The Langkawi Suite is part of a single story chalet – right on the beach with a large living room/dining area, a bedroom, 2 balconies and a large beautifully done bath. One of the balconies will not have any adjacent rooms, and will give you better privacy and peace in case of noisy neighbors. We had 1301. This is the closest to the pool, the club and the main lobby area. Access to the hotel facilities is best, and consequently privacy is compromised to a small extent. The room worked very well for us.
One of the best parts of the hotel, and the main reason why we chose the hotel, is the white sandy beach – and acres of it. There were no locals or outside tourists, and so lots of room. Sunsets are spectacular.
One thing to note is that there are shells in the sea floor, and water
Overall impression was good. Breakfast spread was quite large, and of good quality. In room service was timely. The restaurant on beach is great at night.
Pool and other activities:
The adults and children’s pools are great, and there are several of them. The children’s pool has a water based play area, right next to it. The kids loved it. It’s actually fun for adults as well.
There is a pool towards the right of the hotel, which had fewer folks, and convenient bar within the pool area. You can order and have your drinks within the pool.
Some other possible activities are jet skis, parasailing, cycling,…. There is also a decent gym (facing the beach)
There is a live band every night at the lobby (from 9:30pm I think). They are great, and I highly recommend spending a late evening or 2 listening to them
• Ask for a renovated room.
- The older rooms could have small unwelcome visitors
• Well located and is about 10 mins walk from the Cenang area which has many restaurants and shops.
• If you are on holiday with kids, IMHO this is the best place for stay in Langkawi
If you are interested, I have a written a few more reviews from our vacation in Langkawi and KL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi's 355 guestrooms and suites are housed in wooden chalets that are spread across 35 acres of lush landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy shores. Be ushered into a world of ethnic charm and tropical tranquility at this award-winning resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Langkawi
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Pantai Cenang