“Excellent and highly recommended for family stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi

Save Saved
You added Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi to your Saves list
Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 1150 Pantai Cenang | Mukim Kedawang, Pantai Cenang, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Offers & Announcements
40% off rate on weekdays
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Pantai Cenang
“Excellent and highly recommended for family stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Food and service great.
staff extremely friendly and helpful.
stayed for 1 week with the family. We all loved it.
A bit expensive but worth it if you want relax and pamper yourself and your family.
Would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013
Shamsol M, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Ahmedelfadil,
It has been a great pleasure to have you and your family stayed with us and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our resort,our food, our service standard and our helpful team members. Your positive feedback will certainly encourage us to continuously seek for improvement.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi and I would be delighted to facilitate any future reservations.

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were 3 couples who visited this resort 2 weeks ago, and it was mind blowing.
Staff, Service, Rooms, Pool, Breakfast - Everything was fantastic.
It's actually difficult writing this review, as it's just picture perfect! Words just can't describe this amazing resort!
Overall: 5 Stars

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shamsol M, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Nimitb,
Thank you for choosing Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi on your recent visit and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know you had a nice experience at the resort and am happy that you enjoyed the service from our 'professional, friendly and efficient' staff. I will share this with the team, who will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you and your friends.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My stay at Seri Chenang with my family was excellent overall. The staffs were very polite, friendly, thoughtful and helpful. The resort's services were splendid as well, especially when the butlers prepared items such as towels and water for my famliy when we went for outdoor activities. The resort's location is very suitable for visitors who enjoys exclusive privacy and it is also near the water breaker which I recommend visitors to visit ( it's just a minute walk away from the resort ). We enjoyed our stay tremendously and it wouldn't have been possible without Mr Azmir, Mr Syed, Mr Azril, Ms Phaharna and the staffs of Seri Chenang. It was very kind of Mr Shambol Mustapa, the Resort Manager, for driving us to a local restaurant. For dinner.

• Stayed June 2013
Shamsol M, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Hengil,
It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our resort, our service standard and our helpful team members. Your positive feedback will certainly encourage us to continuously seek for improvement.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Seri Chenang is a small self contained resort, consisting of six 'houses'. During our stay, only our house (Rumah Terengganu) was fully operational, but from what I saw of the other houses, they are almost complete and look as great as our house was.

In terms of the environment, the place has a charming Malay Kampung design - the six houses arranged around a central infinity pool (with jacuzzi) and eating area - and along with the small size of the walled grounds, this lends itself to a very 'exclusive' feel.

Myself and my fiancee were the only guests in the resort during our stay, as only the one house is currently taking guests, but I reckon that even with the six houses full, it would still have maintained a peaceful and exclusive environment.

The house we stayed in was by far and away the best "room" i have ever been in. The interior design (wooden floors, rugs etc.) and amenities are first class. Everything that you could need is there, from the coffee machine, to TV/i Pod, Deep Bath and Rain Shower. I particularly liked the balcony - meals there were so peaceful and relaxing.

I found the service in Seri Chenang to be the highlight of the trip, as some other posters have said. The staff, from the 'butlers' to the chefs and management were attentive without being overwhelming and having staff help you to plan your day every morning and giving advice etc., as well as bringing you complimentary 'high tea' and gifts makes you feel like royalty - which incidentally makes it tough to leave as well...

I won't mention any staff by name as they were all fantastic, but special thanks to Farhana who unwound our hideously tangled fishing reel (as far as i'm concerned that is definitely above and beyond the call of duty)

Will also just say that the location is better than it seems, as Chenang beach is very close, a nice small beach is within walking distance, and the breakwater (that you can often see as you fly in to Langkawi) is right on your doorstep. Great for bike rides or fishing if you enjoy (the staff will help to arrange)

My only negative was the 'European style' breakfast. Not the best - stick to the Malaysian food and you can't go wrong.

Overall, I would recommend Seri Chenang absolutely for an exclusive, first class holiday where you can just relax and let others wait on you - if that is your plan, you will love it here...

Room Tip: Our Rumah Terengganu balcony had a nice breeze.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shamsol M, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Eddieoluk
Thank you for choosing Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

It was a pleasure to have you and your fiancee as our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Your specific comments with regards to our breakfast meals are noted. This matter has been addressed to our Head Chef and will be looked into.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been to Langkawi for countless of times ever since my childhood, and I seriously did not expect much from this trip. But Seri Chenang really turned that feeling around. We were really impressed by such a warm welcome & hospitality given by the hotel staffs, especially the butlers (Farhana, Azmil & Shah). I think this is the first time that I could even remember the names of the hotel staffs that I stayed in! Seri Chenang really made me feel like home, where everyone is like family. The resort is actually designed based on the traditional malay architecture, coupled with modern contemporary touch. There are 6 villas, with each villa signified by the state where the architecture originated (Terengganu, Kedah, Selangor, etc.). We stayed in Rumah Terengganu which is supposed to be the 'cheapest' villa, but the facilities (including an 'open' bathroom) are simply to-die-for. Your taste buds will never get disappointed as food is served round-the-clock by the hotel kitchen 'Dapur Warisan'. As a coffee freak, I find it rather difficult not to utilize the CBTL espresso machine provided in each room. The capsules are refilled daily so you can enjoy gourmet coffee or tea anytime inside your room. Another good thing is that you can actually choose to have your meal at the pool area, the open kitchen or even in your villa. The chef (En Roslan) took the efforts to get to know the guests & will even personally ask if there is any special menu which his team can prepare. If you enjoy outdoor activities, vintage bicycles are provided for each villa FOC. We really had fun riding the bikes up until the Cenang beach! On the last day of our stay, it was actually my birthday and the hotel staffs had secretly planned out a 'surprise cake' during our breakfast. It was really nice & thoughtful, and I really appreciate it.

The only complaint that I have about Seri Chenang is the fact that we could not leave the hotel as much as we should & enjoy the other nice things in Langkawi, simply because we were so 'glued' to our room! I would definitely come back for another great time at Seri Chenang, and hopefully would be able to afford Rumah Selangor (with the private pool). Seri Chenang rocks!

Room Tip: Rumah Terengganu has the nicest view of the sea, but if you prefer a more quite, intimate vacation t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shamsol M, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Khairilamilin,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our service standards and our friendly team members.
I have passed your gracious comments to Ms. Farhana, Mr. Shah, Chef Roslan and Mr. Azmil, they were very happy to receive your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Not enough page here to describe our experience during the whole stay. Everything is perfect!!!,from beginning to end,we are pampered with royalty treat.
YES,feels like kings and queens in the old days,but this time with a palace of our own.Imagine that on your holiday.
So great that they surprise us with free stuff,even free dinner courtesy for being #3 guest.
We even don't want leave villa,eventhough there's a Water Festival going on at Cenang beach.Just stay inside and wait for next surprise,hahaha.Means stop shopping,sightseeing and play beach.NEVER BORED!!
Thank you very much Mr.Roslan,the Resort Manager,who came running from god knows where to welcome us,even though we came early,n the room is not ready,he still greets with sincere smile.
Special thanks to our butler Ms.Farhana,who became the family instant friend,so much smile,and story to tell,also never bores us.
DINNER TIME!!Great.....,Mr.Adha,who serves us,and the chef,Mr.Roslan,who came to the table,greet us,to see how we like or not.We are too busy eating,that We don even see him coming,hahaha.
See,I don't remember people's name soo much,but when u are here,everyone is like a family,n easy to remember.
Sad,coz stay only one night,as its our last hotel to stay.
But,nevermind....,
We got 5 more palace to stay in next time,hahaha.

• Stayed May 2013
Shamsol M, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Nyukhyun,
It has been a great pleasure to have you stayed with us and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I am glad to know you had a nice experience at the resort and am happy that you enjoyed the service from our 'professional and friendly staff. I will share this with the team, who will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was there with my wife for our 2nd honeymoon. All I can say is, we fall in love with everything that Seri Chenang from the first moment we arrived at the airport! We were greeted by the resort’s butler, Ms Farhana. She even handed over a bouquet of flower to my wife (and that made my wife smile throughout the journey to the resort!). Upon arrival, we were ushered straight to our villa, a very beautiful villa which we stayed for 4 days. Ms Farhana & Mr Azmil, the resort’s butlers, explained to us with every details of the villa. We were very impressed and ecstatic seeing open shower as well as a bath tub with flower petals in it, not forgetting to mention petals on bed as well (wink!). Setting of the villa was very beautiful and everything is in place, whatever u might need during vacation, they have it available. They even provide bicycles for you!

Later that day, we went around to see the whole resort. They have 6 beautiful wooden villas with different design, with pool in the middle of the resort. This is what I called as heaven of vacation, everything is set to make u feel ‘home away from home’. What we notice was, every staff at the resort has pleasant skills in making sure we are at the most comfortable stay. They were very attentive, quick and a sincere smile that they always put on. One thing I mostly remember was, a staff came to our villa handing over my mobile that I left near the pool area. The sincerity and professionalism is not doubt the best.

The food was exteremely nice and we both love Chef’s specialty Scallop with fish roe, we just cant get enough of it. In summary, the stay at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa has left us with beautiful memories and we definitely will come back again perhaps for our anniversary! Kudos to all the staff there, u guys heed at our every need above excellent! I highly recommend, in fact I have been telling all friends and families about this place! Good experiences come with a lasting smile, cheers!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fireman060, Resort Manager at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear FauzulZida,

Thank you for your review and we do value and appreciate your feedback on our property.
I have passed your gracious comments to Ms.Farhana and Mr. Azmil, they were very happy to receive your comments.
We're glad you enjoyed your second honeymoon with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Seri Chenang Resort and Spa Langkawi.

Shamsol

Been to Seri Chenang Resort & Spa Langkawi? Share your experiences!