“Good valued hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Singapore, Singapore
“Good valued hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

To be honest, I had a relatively-low expectation when I book this hotel based on many comments from TripAdvisor and other websites. But, a little surprisingly, this hotel is somehow much better than what I expected. I never encountered many issues mentioned in some previous comments, say, mosquitoes, not-warm-enough bath water and non-freezing fridge. Am I too luck? (I am living in Room 27.) The only issue I am not quite satisfied is that the shower towels were not changed daily so that I have to walk to the reception to ask for changing when I got back to the room at night. But the staff are quite friendly. Especially in the last day after checking out, we stored our luggages in the reception and went for jungle trekking. After we came back, the staff provides us a shower tower and let us take a bath. I am very thankful to her.

Attention: the check-in time for this hotel is 2pm, rather than the normal 12pm.

Room Tip: Room 27 is of good condition!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

You'll need to be very observant to notice the small signboard of this motel.
It's not really located beside the Pantai Cenang main street, however it's near to eateries & beaches - 5 to 10 mins walk.
Room is big, but bed is not that comfy. Bathroom was average but water pressure is up to my expectation.
You may want to act very fast when opening/closing your room door, as there are many mosquitoes!!
As Langkawi is famous of its duty free shopping - we bought few bottles of beer to have fun in the room. Chilled our beer for 2 hours in the fridge but it's quite disappointed when we found our drinks are still in room temp.
Advice if you plan to have beer/drinks in room : get the chilled one from stores, do not chill them in the fridge in your room!

Overall is still OK, staffs are friendly but I will think twice before booking if I happen to visit Langkawi again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The first things that hits you when you enter the room is the horrible musty smell. Took a few hours of keeping the doors and windows open and running the fan and Air con to get down the smell to bearable levels.
Power went out on the first night, for more than 2 hours and there was no one in the reception to help.
The next day, there was no water the whole morning.
The bed was very uncomfortable and the spring mattress was barely upholstered and was hurting my bones.
There were some rogue teenagers staying next door and were raising a din the entire night, and again, no one to complain to.
Upsides? Yes, the bathroom was clean, and the garden was nice. That is all that is good to say.
Not recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Fair hotel near the busy area of Pantai Cenang, but still slightly out of the main road which gives you less noise at night.
All amenities all within walking distance.
Reception staff is helpful and nice.
Internet connection with no problem besides we were in one of the further chalet (room 16).
Room was basic and clean, with working aircon.

Read earlier a comments on reception staff who could not handle a taxi booking early morning because they open at 8:00 AM. We tried as well and they don't want to arrange because they can't coordinate.
However, you catch a taxi on the main road easily (at 6:50 AM) and we can't consider this as a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a last minute booking done by my friend from Singapore as we had suddenly decided to go to Langkawi to meet up and of course see the island.

This hotel is a little tucked away and not really on the main beach road which might explain the relatively low price of the property. But it suited us just fine and fit in our budget as well.

They have a set of about 20 twin cottages circling a lush green garden and that I felt was really cool as it gives you your privacy and does not feel like a regular motel. We reached quite early, much before their check-in time (2 PM, which I feel is quite late). Unfortunately it also started to rain just as we reached. So we were stuck in their lobby for a good 1 hour or so. They let us charge our cell phones and gave us some touristy magazines to read. They have a drinking water dispenser right outside the lobby which was real useful.

The rooms were spacious (2 queen beds) and clean. Liked the bathrooms however there was no place to put your things and practically no toiletries. Had one soap dispenser that was to be used as hand as well as body soap. Running hot water is available. Rooms could be better lit.

While leaving also we asked them to just take out our luggage in case we do not make it back by their check-out time which was 12 noon. We finally got back around 2 PM and found our luggage in the lobby. We showered and changed in the restroom in their lobby area. Nice of them to let us do that. They also called for our taxi back to the ferry terminus. So overall nice experience. However I have a nagging doubt... you see I found a 100$ bill missing from my purse which was left in my baggage. I really wonder... But I have no concrete proof so please do not take my word for it. Its just a nagging doubt...

Room Tip: Take a room away from lobby to avoid noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

hotel location is near construction site, so don,t expect you will have a quiet moment during daytime, or fresh clean air, this construction project is big and will take few years to finished. night time or daytime mosquito is a lot, because of the surrounding environment (clogged drainage) and rubbish. room bed is old and not well maintain . pillow and beds sheet is dusty. the.only good thing you can get is solid wifi. for rm178 per night with this kind of room condition is really not worth. never again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Recommended for those seeking budget accomodation for family at pantai chenang.clean room, fast internet connection.near to shops,cafe.walk 5 to 10 minutes to beach across the
road.cons construction nearby which stops at night.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to White Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!