“Mediocre Hotel Pleasant Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Persiaran Pelangi, Kuah, Langkawi 0700, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Kuah
Sydney, Australia
“Mediocre Hotel Pleasant Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed overnight at the Dayang Bay Serviced Apartments as we wanted to be close to the ferry terminal the following day (this place is 10 minute drive away). Hotel is new but very mediocre. Decoration in the Reception area are rather OTT with plastic palm trees and fake flowers. The room we stayed in overlooked the pool, to be fair it was clean and the bed was comfortable. But the details like the tiles in the bathroom still having grout on them let the place down. The pool is a good size and has a kiddies pool along side, which looked great for people with families. Breakfast was better than expected following the reviews we had read. The staff were great and extremely helpful particularly Faris who organised our ferry tickets and arrange a pickup from the hotel for us. This place is ok for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room with seaview, rooms at back overlook wasteland.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

There are few: - Upon reservation with Agoda or checked with hotel do not inform clear regard the room description, as the room I booked was 2 bedroom suite and the information I had received from both sides [Agoda & Resort] the room with 2 bed room however when I check in the room, the room actually is one Studios with one Deluxe [For one set 2 bedroom suite] If the room is connecting to each other I will not complaint it! But not! Room only side by side while the price was paid is greater than you booked separately!! - After 3 days payment done via Agoda call the resort to check the reservation they said no reservation be found!! As the Staff - Intan mentioned their reservation team was gone home so they can't check in details. So fine I call next day and following days after the next but what been informed was reservation teams on the line ask to call back!! What kind of hospitality!! In the end, I'm frustrated therefore make call to Agoda ask the staff to assist to check but end out without any replied email from Resort!! Until I had made the call to check with resort the lucky thing is I get the reservation team to confirm my reservations. - Regard the Internet WiFi, I understand resort was prevent the line to miss-use by none resort guest but not until everyday had to approach counter to get the new set login ID and password!! - Will you believe my stay for 4 days 3 nights but my keys can’t be use 2nd and 3rd day, it mean I had approach counter to renew my key everyday !! When asked the staff the mentioned system went wrong!! Fine for 1st time but 2nd times?? - One of my rooms the bathroom hot water was able to cook the egg in full cooked within 3 minutes even I turned to the cold water and closed the water heater on my third date!! Didn't inform resort as I already quite frustrated with their services!!

Room Tip: If you look a place stay without a good services from the resort here will be a good place to stay a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at this place due to last minute deep discounts, but it is definitely not worth the advertised price. I believe the management inflated the price only to offer discounts as a marketing gimmick.

They have a fake pool of sand, no beach. I would rate this place as 3 star.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Overall, the hotel is very big and clean, perhaps because it is still new. It is near to the Langkawi Plaza or most of the local duty-free shops, and provides parking lots for the guests too. Breakfast and the facilities were okay but could have been improved better, such as swimming pool, ping pong table and pool table were provided. One advice would be not to open the balcony door for too long, as there're too many mosquitoes around ! But still the hotel staffs were friendly and really helpful, always with smiles as well. Definitely a good choice for a large group budgeted trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paragon,Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were staying in Langkawi at a different resort.We had planned to go on to Thailand ,but we had to alter our plans at the last minute. Fortunately, we were able to get rooms at Dayang Bay.Did'nt Know anything abot it but when we drove up we were all pleasantly surprised.
Beautiful building. Very clean Its a brand new hotel so a few things were still being finished,but it did not interfere with our stay. The staff was exteremely friendly and all spoke English. Very helpful in arrangeing an island boat trip for us.
We had breakfast furnished, some western style food it was good. Nice infinity pool. Nice chikdrens pool and play area. Beautiful view of the moutains and the bay.Quite comfortable rooms.

I feel very comfortable recommending this facility.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I didn't expect to see such a nice hotel. It's designed to be a 4 star but now they got 3 star because some facilities not available yet.
We loved our stay though staff are not professional and lots of shortage in service.
I recommend this hotel but as it was my first visit, for the next time I prefer cenang beach area.

Stayed February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We picked this place because it's new and it's very close to the jetty where we'll be going for the islands. If you like touristy places then this place is not for you. This is located in a very local location and not by the beach and a ton of seafood restaurant.

We are fully aware it's new and the restaurant is not completed and honestly we weren't disappointed. The place is new but not dusty. The pool has amazing views and we chilled there after we came back from the islands. 5 minute walk away has some amazing massages and the staff are quite helpful whenever we have questions.

Room Tip: Pick a sea view room. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort? Share your experiences!