I love the location of Mayang Sari and its beautiful and big chalets. Since I leave in Singapore and I am a cyclist, I often go there to train.
The staff is nice and we always spend a nice week end but every time it struck me how poorly the maintenance of the rooms is (and especially the bathroom). The shower is extremely corroded and greenish, the support of the shower is missing some pieces; the shower curtain is disgusting; the soap dispenser is inappropriate for a so-called 4 star hotel and the tub and toilet are veeery old and not functional.
The housekeeping must have a hard job in cleaning these old huts but again, for a so-called 4 star, geico excrements around the shower and stained pillow and sheets are not acceptable. Also, the beach towel should be changed once in a while (they seems to have at least 10 years of life and washing).
The food is ok in the main restaurants but nothing special. However, I strongly suggest the Thai and Japanese restaurant: delicious (The Japanese is very expensive though).
In conclusion, I can simply say that it’s a problem of pricing and category. If the hotel does some renovations (strongly advised due to the new development of Lagoi Bay and Tresure Bay) they could state to be a 4 * if not they should downgrade to a 3 stars not to disappoint the clients' expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi