For a Wednesday-Saturday hotel in the monsoon season, we had a fantastic experience. We knew in advance that the facilities were a little run down. Having a fancy room or bathroom was not as important to us as the quiet and being right on the beach. The experience was even better than we could have asked for. We had an extremely quiet room, right on the beach. There were other people around, but not many, and we never felt crowded. The buffet breakfast was a little peculiar, from an American perspective, and there was so much choice that it was always easy to construct a good meal. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The setting is gorgeous. We ate takeout from the Thai restaurant on the property and the food was very, very good and the service and caring from the staff impressive. They were very concerned that we were doing takeout, not eating in, and wanted us to have a good experience.
We were hit up for a bribe on the way into Indonesia for bringing wine with us. All pretty straightforward, and as we knew what to expect from reviews (give up your wine or give us cash in singapore dollars), and the price wasn't exorbitant (and far cheaper than buying inferior wine there), we just paid and went about our business. The ferry over was fine. Worth spending the extra for the service that got visas. The shuttle to the resort V E R Y slow to get going, and we were dripped upon because we sat under the skylight/sunroof.
Overall, a totally out-of-this-world, quiet, peaceful, beautiful, restful few days to ourselves in a beach paradise. We didn't leave the resort, as we weren't there to do anything but relax. Internet totally adequate (not blazing fast, and fine for our purposes; I even downloaded an episode from iTunes at one point).
Really fantastic retreat for us, at a totally reasonable, high value price.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic Beachfront Chalets. With a name that alludes to the fragrance and essence of natural beauty, the quiet and rustic charms will take your breath away. The ambiance is delightfully soothing, set against a calm and picturesque bay of crystal clear waters and silky sand beach. A tranquil haven for those seeking refuge from the city...50 thatched-roof chalets in blocks of 4, all with private veranda offering a choice of sea or garden view. All chalets feature village-style architecture, with a unique decor and aromatic theme. For guests’ comfort, the air-conditioned chalets are equipped with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Otel, TripOnline SA, Venere and Fastbooking so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.