For a Wednesday-Saturday hotel in the monsoon season, we had a fantastic experience. We knew in advance that the facilities were a little run down. Having a fancy room or bathroom was not as important to us as the quiet and being right on the beach. The experience was even better than we could have asked for. We had an extremely quiet room, right on the beach. There were other people around, but not many, and we never felt crowded. The buffet breakfast was a little peculiar, from an American perspective, and there was so much choice that it was always easy to construct a good meal. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The setting is gorgeous. We ate takeout from the Thai restaurant on the property and the food was very, very good and the service and caring from the staff impressive. They were very concerned that we were doing takeout, not eating in, and wanted us to have a good experience.
We were hit up for a bribe on the way into Indonesia for bringing wine with us. All pretty straightforward, and as we knew what to expect from reviews (give up your wine or give us cash in singapore dollars), and the price wasn't exorbitant (and far cheaper than buying inferior wine there), we just paid and went about our business. The ferry over was fine. Worth spending the extra for the service that got visas. The shuttle to the resort V E R Y slow to get going, and we were dripped upon because we sat under the skylight/sunroof.
Overall, a totally out-of-this-world, quiet, peaceful, beautiful, restful few days to ourselves in a beach paradise. We didn't leave the resort, as we weren't there to do anything but relax. Internet totally adequate (not blazing fast, and fine for our purposes; I even downloaded an episode from iTunes at one point).
Really fantastic retreat for us, at a totally reasonable, high value price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave the world behind as you cruise to Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan - a rustic resort tucked away in a pretty little cove on Bintan Island. Set in unspoiled nature on the northern coast of Bintan Island, Mayang Sari Beach Resort offers the perfect haven for a brief respite or a long weekend. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with modern amenities and also has an attached bathroom and a private veranda that commands either a garden or sea view. *Mayang Sari Beach Resort guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi