It so happened that I got to Bintan on the same week as China's Golden Week holidays. So, Bintan is busier than normal. With the commotion around me, I reminded myself again why I booked myself in at the Mayang Sari, to be away from humanity, to be left alone and just be. The experience of the hotel began the moment I arrived at the island's ferry terminal, with many of its staff greeting the guests and to ensure that we were getting into the right bus. The staff was patient and made the effort to talk to every and each passengers on the bus to ensure that they were all heading to the right destinations. Check-in time was at a rather late 3pm and check-out time was at around 12pm. So, we waited a while to be ushered into our room. The best thing of this place was definitely its natural pristine environment. The second best thing would be its gentle, friendly and laid-back staff that was always smiley and ready to crack a joke with us. The other reviewer got it right to say that there weren't enough seating for guests to lounge around, unless they wanted to sit in the restaurant. Restroom was tucked at the rear, which we could find easily by asking the attendant. The chalet that I'm occupying now has a lot of old-world charm. A lot of reviewers are complaining about its run-down decor but to be perfectly honest, we are amid tropical mangrove and such setting simply enhances the languid nature of the environment that we are in. The bed was firm and comfortable (Westerners would opt for softer bed naturally) and there were plenty of chaise lounge and settees in the room but to be truthful, I would rather lay down on the floor with the rattan carpet. The bathroom floor was of the exposed aggregate concrete and thus, low maintenance. There was safe, fridge, shelving for luggage tucked at the rear (discreet). All the amenities were provided (and some). Furthermore, there was air-con, wi-fi (inclusive). The downside of the bathroom would be its press-to-use tap as if I was in a public bathroom. The chalets were meandering throughout the resort and everyone was given their own space to do whatever that took their fancy. I would come here again for its staff and its pristine natural environment. It may not be the best as Banyan Tree but this would make do for me now. Booking with Singaporean travel agent would be a wiser option to book for cheaper room. Commendable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic Beachfront Chalets. With a name that alludes to the fragrance and essence of natural beauty, the quiet and rustic charms will take your breath away. The ambiance is delightfully soothing, set against a calm and picturesque bay of crystal clear waters and silky sand beach. A tranquil haven for those seeking refuge from the city...50 thatched-roof chalets in blocks of 4, all with private veranda offering a choice of sea or garden view. All chalets feature village-style architecture, with a unique decor and aromatic theme. For guests’ comfort, the air-conditioned chalets are equipped with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, AsiaRooms, BookingOdigeoWL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwan Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Lagoi
- Mayang Sari Beach Bintan
- Mayang Sari Beach Hotel Bintan
- Nirwana Gardens - Mayang Sari Beach Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi