Stayed 2d1n in a group of 9 people. I booked 3 months in advance (early bird special) and requested for 3 rooms beside each other and early check in(before 2pm). When I reached, I managed to check in early and got 3 rooms beside each other up at the hill.
The rooms are not sound proof and rather aged. I stayed in Nirwana Beach club about 5 yrs ago and it still look the same with slight refurbish on the walls and ceiling.
You can use the pool facility at nirwana resort; just a few minutes walk away.
The beach in Nirwana resort is not as nice as the ones in the beach club or mayang sari.
Next, avoid pasar oleh, as the market is a waste of time. Only a few shops available. Got cheated to pay an extra S$10 for the bus from Nirwana Resort to there. The bus driver at Nirwana Resort collected S$10 but did not give us receipt. When we asked the assistant and bus driver for the receipt, he said we did not pay. We had so many witness seeing him taking the S$10 but he kept denying. In the end we have to pay S$10 again. The bus schedule is also crappy. We alighted at Pasar Oleh and walked around. In less than 10 min we finished walking and bought some crackers. As we saw that the same bus still have not left the place, we wanted to take the same bus back. However, we got rejected by the bus driver as he said we need to be in Pasar Oleh for 1 hr before we can go back. In short, it just means that we need to be touted to death by the people in Pasar Oleh before we can leave this place!
Overall I did not have a pleasant experience with Pasar Oleh.
So to sum it up, if you like nature and planning to spend your time on beach or sea activities, beach club is the place for you. If you are looking to enjoy the room with toothbrush, hair dryer, shampoo, shower foam, multi tv channels and dislike nature e.g. Squirrels, lizards etc, avoid this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the water's edge of Indonesia's Bintan island, Nirwana Beach Club welcomes you to the ultimate rustic beachfront hideaway. Indulge in a variety of water sports, nature and the timeless traditions of a village-style living. Feel your spirits lifted amidst the spacious thatched-roof chalets, sunny beaches and a blue ocean, savouring relaxation and a boundless choice of tropical activities. Nirwana Beach Club has 50 air-conditioned Cabana rooms which are nestled on a tropical beachfront of fine white sand, washed by clear turquoise waters. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with an attached bathroom with shower and a mini fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, HostelWorld, Asiatravel.com Holdings and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Beach Hotel
- Nirwana Beach Club
- Nirwana Beach Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Bintan Island/Lagoi