We've been coming to this beach resort for years from Singapore and went again this weekend. It has everything you need and nothing you don't need - air con, fan, own bathroom, fridge in the room, old TV and some coathangers and wifi. The cabins are set back from the beach around a lily-filled pond which has birds and monitor lizards in it. Makes for a fun walk back in the dark if you think a sizeable monitor is sitting on the path...There are two outstanding things about the NBC (used to be called Mana Mana) - the staff are delightful, gentle, friendly and helpful, and the beach is palm-fringed, flat and very attractive. Better than any beach I've seen on Bali. The Beach Resort has a pretty good water sports centre with jet skis, banana boats, wake boarding, kite boarding etc.
The resort is, however, pretty scruffy and very basic. There is a simple beach restaurant menu with great pizzas and local and western cuisine. You have to have breakfast at the nearby Nirwana Gardens hotel which has more facilities but no zen ambiance. Its a short walk away round the corner of the bay and breakfast was fine, good omelette station and all the usual buffet stuff, fruit was a bit disappointing (tinned pineapple in Indonesia??)
The cabins at the resort have either three single beds or a double and a single in them, but they are looking pretty tired. The attached bathroom has a shower (warm water), loo and basin (cold only) and not much in the way of amenities (soap and mosquito cream!) but really, what else do you need for a weekend? Not sure I could stay for much longer.
The best bit is sitting by the restaurant overlooking the beach - its so peaceful and you can get through a lot of books with a not bad cappuccino. Whats not to like?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the water's edge of Indonesia's Bintan island, Nirwana Beach Club welcomes you to the ultimate rustic beachfront hideaway. Indulge in a variety of water sports, nature and the timeless traditions of a village-style living. Feel your spirits lifted amidst the spacious thatched-roof chalets, sunny beaches and a blue ocean, savouring relaxation and a boundless choice of tropical activities. Guestrooms at Nirwana Beach Club come with modern Thai interiors and wooden flooring. Each well-appointed room is equipped with a refrigerator and TV. Hot shower facilities are in the private bathroom. *Nirwana Beach Club guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HostelWorld and Despegar.com so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Beach Hotel
- Nirwana Beach Club
- Nirwana Beach Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Bintan Island/Lagoi