We stayed in a cabana (44) that was further inside and was a 5 minute walk from the lobby. Initially, it might seem inconvenient, but it really isn't all bad. In fact, our cabana which was practically the last row furthest from the main road, was next to a small route that led to the resort centre with activities like bowling and table-tennis, as well as a foodcourt-style dining place called Makan-Makan. The food in Nirwana Gardens is very good. Free breakfast at the Coffee-Shop at the resort hotel was a good buffet! I would recommend the Spices Restaurant at Mayang Sari for its vegetarian Indian food. Wide selection of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, great flavours and extremely lovely service. We were just chilling out on the beach chairs at Mayang Sari, and decided to get a drink from the Spices Restaurant because the beach hut was closed. The service crew was nice enough to offer to send the drink over to the beach. Really really commendable service there!
Wherever you walk, you will meet staff who will be smiling and greeting. I admit it came as a shock for us Singaporeans who are misers with smiles. Being there made us friendlier, happier, and most importantly, more thankful for the genuine service. Thumbs up for the service crew! There was an instance when we exited our cabana and saw a cleaning staff driving his buggy past our place. We did not even dare to ask, but he offered us a ride right after seeing us. It was a great morning. He sent us right to our destination! These little acts of kindness really made our Bintan getaway a truly enjoyable one.
All charges there are in SGD, so no need to bring rupiah over. Food costs about SGD20 per meal per person. The cabana only has a small fridge, so dont bother with your cup noodles. Room amenities in the cabanas are as basic as it can get, but it is cosy and quaint. Not a single mosquito bite on me. Aircon was good, shower could be better, bed was comfy, nothing I would complain about.
Swimming pool at the resort hotel was a short walk/ a shuttle bus away. Free usage, shower facilities available there. Beach activities at the beach club include kayaking, banana boat, snorkelling, jetski, and bodyboarding. Kayaking was $14 for a double kayak for an hour. It got boring after 20 minutes so I would say, try something else. Maybe the banana boat ($10/pax for 15 minutes, I think). We did not go to Happy Valley though we passed by on a shuttle bus, and saw elephants, archery, and some other activities suited for a family with kids. There was flying fox too. A 3D2N stay there is a perfect duration.
All in all, great great getaway in Bintan. Would have been wonderful if they served Avocado Milkshake there. But oh wells, this is as close to perfect as it could get.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Beach Hotel
- Nirwana Beach Club
- Nirwana Beach Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Bintan Island/Lagoi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the water's edge of Indonesia's Bintan island, Nirwana Beach Club welcomes you to the ultimate rustic beachfront hideaway. Indulge in a variety of water sports, nature and the timeless traditions of a village-style living. Feel your spirits lifted amidst the spacious thatched-roof chalets, sunny beaches and a blue ocean, savouring relaxation and a boundless choice of tropical activities. Nirwana Beach Club has 50 air-conditioned Cabana rooms which are nestled on a tropical beachfront of fine white sand, washed by clear turquoise waters. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with an attached bathroom with shower and a mini fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Fastbooking, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.