We stayed in a cabana at Nirwana Beach Club on Bintan for 2D1N under a discount package. I'm not sure how much it would have cost normally, but in reality the property is a collection of rather old but serviceable chalets, there are little to no amenities in each room, no towels (although when we asked for them nicely they did give us some... the next day :P), no shampoo etc in the bathroom, very basic bedsheets and the TV had channels that were warbly. However, if you are mentally prepared (we weren't but we adapt easily), this is easily one of the cheapest but still reasonable places to stay on Bintan. And is great if you just want a relaxing stay.
Points to note: Beach Club is part of the bigger group Nirwana Gardens, which means that you can use most of the facilities in any of the other hotels under Nirwana Gardens, the most important point is that the Nirwana Resort Hotel is about a 5 minute leisurely walk away, and the quite nice swimming pool (with free towel rental), beachfront, various food outlets (I highly recommend the japanese restaurant Rin, Dino Bistro is also pretty good, skip the Poolside cafe) are all available even though you're technically staying in a chalet. The shuttle bus services that go around each of the Nirwana Gardens properties is also convenient, and honestly? The service is pretty great. All the staff we encountered were nice and warm, one of them even remembered my name throughout the stay, and they are truly helpful. They aren't Club Med-esque enthusiastic, but they will bring a smile to your face.
Room-wise, we got a cabana which means it's a wooden one-story house where you have half of it as your room, a sofa (comfy!), two wooden armchairs, a double bed (the covering blanket had some dirty spots but the underlying sheets and pillows were clean and crisp, so we just slid underneath them and ignored the blanket), a tiny TV (with mostly Singaporean, Malaysian and Indonesian channels though we did get to watch English football on it), not much of a wardrobe (just some hangers and a rack), a small mini-bar sized empty fridge with two complimentary bottles of mineral water per day, and a bathroom with toilet, shower with water heater, sink, all clean, serviceable, slightly old but no musty smell. There's a deck outside with a table and two stools (which is sort of a veranda), and because the road leading up to the cabana is sandy, there are convenient taps on short pillars near each cabana for you to wash your feet before you go in.
All in all, quaint and quiet, good for relaxation but bring your own towels and amenities, and if you don't pay too much for it, it's still a pretty good deal. If not, try Club Med because the food there is included in the price. :P
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the water's edge of Indonesia's Bintan island, Nirwana Beach Club welcomes you to the ultimate rustic beachfront hideaway. Indulge in a variety of water sports, nature and the timeless traditions of a village-style living. Feel your spirits lifted amidst the spacious thatched-roof chalets, sunny beaches and a blue ocean, savouring relaxation and a boundless choice of tropical activities. Nirwana Beach Club has 50 air-conditioned Cabana rooms which are nestled on a tropical beachfront of fine white sand, washed by clear turquoise waters. Wake up to fresh sea breeze and the lush beauty of a tropical beach. Each air-conditioned chalet is equipped with an attached bathroom with shower and a mini fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HostelWorld so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Beach Hotel
- Nirwana Beach Club
- Nirwana Beach Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Bintan Island/Lagoi