We are a group of 4, this is our second time staying at Nirwana Resort.
1. Great swimming pool with swim up bar and Jacuzzi, they have kids pool too.
2. Breakfast with lots of variety (6am - 10am)
3. We have the BBQ dinner buffet at Pool restaurant, food was ok, but we enjoy the live band and local performance..
4. Pub with live band which start at 9:30pm is great, we enjoy the live band performance ... great job.
5. ATV ride is fun with the great Guide
Things need to improved:
1. Late check-in time - 3pm instead of 2pm like other hotel/ resort.
2. there is no safe box in room.
3. Bed and towel have stain on it...
4. Ask for non-smoking room but one of our room smell like cigarette (Rm3105), housekeeping do come and help us to open the window and spray but the smell still there... sad... (first we call the operator to check is our room a non-smoking room, the operator ask "do you wan to smoke?" I think next sentence she might want to say "you are allow to smoke in your room".. hahaaa)
5. Poolside towel Policy: When we ask are we allow to bring the towel to our room after swimming and return later (we want to wrap ourself on the way from pool to hotel room there are some distance and cold), the staff say "No, Please return now". But when I pointed the two European girl who was infront of us wrap the towel and walk to their hotel room, the staff then ask us "are you from China?" I told him we are from Singapore, then he say you may bring it to your room and please return before 8pm... I am like.... what kind of policy is this... we are all paying the same amount, a guest of your resort, but there are difference treatment between European, Singapore and Chinese?? I feel pity for the Chinese... who definitely will be ask to return the towel immediately and not allow to cover themselves with pool towel on their way back to hotel room (there are some distance for some of room - you will get cold) I hope Management can do something about this, this is not nice by treated unequally....
6. After check-out we leave our bags with bells service. When we comeback to collect our bags after lunch, the bell boys (Mr. Sidiono) told us our bags have already sent to ferry terminal (he don't even check our bell tickets). but then we saw our bags is actually still seating at the luggage area. So we tell him we prefer to hand carry our bag. we only manage to find 5 of our bags and there is 1 bags we cannot locate. Then he told us the other bag should be at ferry terminal... without call to the terminal office to confirm. (firstly they never ask our permission or tell us our bags will be transfer to ferry terminal which we actually prefer to hand carry. secondly, if we never notice our 5 bags is actually still seating at the luggage area which is not like what he told us "is already at the terminal", I doubt we can have our bags received at the terminal on time to board the ferry.)
overall the hotel is still nice to stay... if we didn't encounter the unequal treatment at the pool towel counter and get a non-smoking room the trip will be perfect...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 245 guestrooms including 31 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi