“Above Average resort hotel with fantastic service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel

You added Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Panglima Pantar | Bintan Resorts, Bintan Island, Lagoi, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lagoi
Pasig, Philippines
“Above Average resort hotel with fantastic service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I would like to commend the resort management for an excellent service and courtesy by its staff. From the moment we arrived via the shuttle service until we left, everything was well-organized. They have a system to make sure you get your luggage on time, no mix-up plus we got our boarding pass right away after we've checked out. Everyone is so nice, helpful, courteous and gives a warm smile.

Rooms are clean and well maintained. Air-conditioning and water heater are working well. Wifi is free though not very fast but up the beach, wifi connection is good. The only minus is the cable which is not clear but actually is not an issue because we are mostly out of our room to enjoy the beach.

Food is average and a little expensive. They serve good cafe latte. Beer is expensive.

They have a 3 big swimming pools. It is a good place to lounge while my daughter is playing and swimming with the other kids. They offer warm beach towels which I like so much.

The beach faces the South China Sea which can have really strong waves. Sand varies from fine to grainy to rocky. They have quite variety of sea animals along the shore. We even found a seahorse! Another minus is that my husband found broken glass, glass bottles, light bulb on the beach during low tide. Make sure you have booties when you swim.

Overall, my family enjoyed our trip in this resort. It was very laid back, relaxing and an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at a Nirwana-Suite room with my wife and two kids in late December. Staff was friendly and foods served at restaurants were better than I expected. The suite room was much older than pictures I saw on the web site. Once I entered the room, I thought I should have booked a Deluxe Premier room, which has been refurbished.
My kids enjoyed pools a lot and swam every day during our stay. This is a nice hotel for families with small kids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Although only spending 1 night stay in this resort hotel on 1st Jan to 2nd Jan, what I can say is the resort does have a nice swimming pool with a view to the sea, their breakfast buffet choice is really quite limited compare to those hotels that I travelled ... worst is the beach that located right infront of the resort, because when we were at the beach it seems like low tide so we can see all the rocks at the seabed near the beach how do you expect us to swim with so many rocks laying across the beach !!! The worst things that happen next is something I will never expect .... all 6 of us foot are full of black oil when we step into the water ... we tried to clean it using seawater & seaweeds but the condition was even worst !!! We had to approached the hotel staff at the swimming pool to ask for help & to my surprise the staff react so quickly by giving each of us a cloth which he poured gasoline on it & it really help us clean up those black oil but something amaze me next was I saw a very big barrel next to us & when I asked the staff he told me it was gasoline inside !!!! This clearly tell us that the hotel is aware of the black oil at the beach & the sea that's why they standby such a big barrel of gasoline but I do not understand why none of the reception staff inform us during our check-in ????? As a so call 4 star resort & the amount of money we paid for the stay it is the duty for the hotel staff to inform the guest in advance to avoid such an awkward situation that we encounter ....

Room Tip: choose a room near the pool so you can access to the pool & also the coffee house which the brea...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We've stayed at Nirwana Resort at August 2012. Bintan Island is the best location for escape from Singapore city life and Nirwana Resort Hotel is one of the good choices among several hotels in Bintan.
The reosrt is huge and rooms are spacious. The infinity pool was the reason that we picked this hotel. The beach was not as good as we expected and we mostly spent the time in the pool. The pool bar has delicious cocktails. Massage on the beach was nice and cheap. Also there is a shuttle that takes you the places in the island, we took shuttle to Kelong Restaurant for dinner. I enjoeyed the breakfast, they had many kinds of fruits in the breakfast as well as the nice continental breakfast.
Another thing that i enjoyed in the hotel is the welcoming. They welcomed us with local dance show and local drinks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrikstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This is not the place to go if you want to experience something. I mean, the hotel is really nice and luxurious, and the pool area and the beach are marvellous. But this part of the Island is just a large hotel area. Still, for our family, having travelled in Borneo and Singapore for several weeks, climbing MtKinabalu and tracking in the jungle, it was just what we were looking for. Swimming, sunbathing, reading books and eating for one whole week was perfect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I accompanied my customer group early December for a 3D2N stay. The hotel facilities by the beach is terrific value for money. We had taken the garden facing 'Superior' room ('Delux premier' is the higher end room). Bed+room+wifi were good value for money . The restaurant food was tasty, budget about $10 per person per meal without drinks. The staff are super....we got some great support, especially from Verri. The F&B staff (Je Je and team) were also very accommodative in preparing vegetarian meals for the travelling Indian group. Though I couldn't go, my fellow tourists were appreciative of the mini-zoo in the vicinity. Also, there's a nice bowling alley and some adrenalin activities in the neighbourhood. Overall: a great place to relax over a long weekend. Ram Mohan, Zillion Holidays

Room Tip: If you are particular about a swanky room with twinkling interiors, go for the delux premier room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The beach has white sand, good view, great pools, hotel has much activities, shuttle to other restaurants and place where you can do the outdoor activity. Overall the hotel already looks old but still well maintain.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!