During our shopping spree in Singapore we took a 2 day break to Bintan. We did not know what to expect and what a delight we found. The island is just a 45 min ferry ride away.While the Nirwana is not the flashest resort on Bintan it is paradise. The resort itself is beautiful with different types of accommodation and a free shuttle bus to take you around the resort itself, to the nearby village and to and from the ferry terminal. You have the choice of swimming in the beautiful warm ocean (my preference) or in the stunning pool, with it's swim up bar. It is great for all ages and large enough for everyone to enjoy. There is a choice of 5 restaurants within the resort, all accessible by the shuttle, and food choice to suit even the fussiest eater. Breakfast was outstanding - the international food served was delicious and the coffee is great. The rooms are average and could do with an overhaul but as we only sleep there, it really did not bother us. Plus we thought the price was good value for money. When I travel I do not like to waste a moment but Bintan, you made me sit back, take a breath and relax. All I wanted to do was swim, walk and enjoy the peace and tranquility. We could not believe we were in Indonesia and had a beach to ourselves. It was divine and I was so very sad to leave. This is not cheap like Bali - beers are $7 Singapore , cocktails $10-$15 Singapore, meals about $40 for 2 with drinks - this is all at the resort mind. There is a food hall just down the road and local food is only $5 or $6 - so very cheap and I believe the village is cheap for food as well. But for my money, I would prefer to spend it here in paradise. Did I mention the staff? Everyone was so lovely and friendly and genuinely happy, they made our stay even more pleasant. Apparently there are a few great Golf Courses on Bintan and they have resorts attached to them. I will be taking my husband with me next time and while he goes golfing I will be relaxing on the beach. Can't wait!! There are also lots of activities you can do, water sports, bowling, archery, badminton, basketball - so plenty for the kids, but I think it all costs extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cheery Family Hotel. Our unique blend of sunny Mediterranean spirit and warm Indonesian hospitality will make you feel more than welcomed here. In fact, with something to do for everyone in the family, you are assured of a great time in this sunny, cheery paradise! This family hotel offers 245 rooms & suites catering to every budget and need, offering breathtaking ocean, pool or garden views. The rooms are spacious and fully furnished with modern amenities for your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotel.de, BookingOdigeoWL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Fastbooking so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi