Booked a Groupon deal for a 2D1N stay at Nirwana Resort Hotel. The superior room was decent enough, not the most fantastic of views but what was apparently shocking was the condition of the bedsheets. Brownish stains and dirty all-round. Requested for a late checkout and all they could offer was an hour later. How can that really be considered a late checkout?
If you are really looking for something to eat, avoid the poolside bar. Flies were constantly making their presence felt around the food. Even when we had moved seats, the flies continue to make it an unpleasant dining experience. Attempted drinking the Bintan coconut juice, not sure if it is supposed to taste sour but I definitely did not like it one bit. Paying 57SGD for that experience and mediocre food certainly left me regretting ever stepping into the poolside bar.
Be sure to take the internal shuttle to the Kelong during dinner time. It is definitely the best meal I have ever had throughout my short stay at Nirwana Resort Hotel.
The highlight of the entire trip has to be the pool. However, I have to admit I was a little disappointed that the water in the jacuzzi by the sides weren't really the least bit warm. The resort centre is where most of the activities were held but it is a 5 mins walk uphill from the hotel's entrance. I had planned to hit the gym but the air-conditioning was not working throughout the entire resort centre and dropped the idea.
One thing that has to be commended was the service of the waiter at Dino bistro. We were looking for some desserts to eat after dinner and had our eyes set on a cheesecake. However, the waiter informed us that it has been kept for hours and not safe to be consumed. We then requested for an ice cream, which he made the effort to collect from the store quite a distance away to serve us. Quite impressive really.
Lastly, be prepared to overspend. A 1.5l bottle of water costs 5SGD, as Singaporeans we probably felt the pinch a little more especially when you could get that exact volume for 1.50SGD back home. I don't think I will ever be returning here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 245 guestrooms including 31 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi