Just got back from a weekend at the nirwana. I thought it would be a cheap and cheerful vacation but ended up costing more than a semi-luxury trip to Phuket (from singapore). The standard rooms were about 400sgd but before we were charged 60sgd for an extra bed per night (we have 2 kids 8,6). So total 520.
The negatives: The rooms were very tired and aircon smelled moldy. Lots of mold in the bathroom around tiles. Very pricy for quality of accommodation. The beach looked nice until you realized that you're swimming with tar that was difficult to get out. The hotel has plenty of gasoline to help with that (nasty). Don't bring expensive swimming suits! The food was average to below average and you're paying close to Singapore prices which makes no sense to me. Kids meals around 7 with no drink. Adult meals between 15-25 without drinks. The beer is relatively cheap at 7-8 sgd. finally the hotel does take advantage of the guests it seems in many ways. Two examples: we went golfing at the resort next door (8 minute drive) and the hotel charged 15 sgd for the trip. Secondly, the towels (which are old and tired) needed a 25sgd deposit if lost! The towels were worth 10 cents.
The positives: we went with a large group and the adults/kids had a great time. Lots of activities on beach and closeby at the Rec center including archery, air guns, zip line, boating, surfing, elephant riding, golf close by, trampoline jumping, playground etc.......but I think way overpriced for the quality. The staff were generally nice.
Room service was great, food arrived hot and fresh. Showers were hot. The seafood restaurant off premises.(Forgot name) was excellent. Pool was great with nice bar. They had basketball hoops for pool fun but they were broken.
Overall only reason I would go back is due to how close it is to Singapore and if a large group of friends are going. Otherwise I would never go there. . Actually for an hour more travel time, might actually be cheaper to go to Phuket and you'll get a nicer beach and hotel for maybe 10-20% more plus you'll save on the ferry cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 245 guestrooms including 31 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Fastbooking so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi