we took up their $488nett, 3D2N fun & stay pakage which includes 2N stay in a deluxe room for 2A + 2C (additional matresses for the kids are chargeable), return ferry tickets & breakfast for all. However, we upgraded by paying additional $36.30 per night to a deluxe room with sea facing as it comes with an additional futon on the floor for the kids to sleep on.
All in all, the swimming pools for the adults and kids are just ordinary. Nothing to shout about. The kids get bored easily because there is not any wet playground around.
The arcade is under renovation. There is a kids club that the kids can join some activities offered.
As commented by many reviewers, the breakfast at Kopi-O is really so-so. Imagine there is only one type of sausage (beef) and bacon (beef) at the buffet bar (for Sunday's and Monday's breakfast). The juices are so diluted (guess it has been mixed with water)! Luckily the fresh milk still taste like fresh milk.
Yes, everything is steeply priced. I mean, if the quality of the food matches the price, we don't really mind. The 3-tier club sandwich has only one thin slice of ham and cheese in between and with little veg. Very disappointing....
The newly opened RICE restaurant, offers decent food.
Unless you are happy to confine yourself with the highly priced recreational activities offered in the resort or just dip in the pool, or else, really nothing much to do.
It is 1.5hrs away from Tanjung Pinang, the main town in Bintan. Can consider making a trip there to do some shopping or have some decent food with more reasonable price. 15min away from the resort (SGD3 per person is chargable per trip from the resort if taking their shuttle bus with fixed timing), there is this place called Pasar Ole-ole, very run down. Only few shops are open. However, a good place to spend an hour to half a day for spa treatment (much more cheaper than doing it in the resort), or to get some local stuff/ souvenirs/ snacks/ groceries. Or have a simple meal over there (there are only 2 small restaurants). Once you have spent certain amount (SGD50 or 60), you will get a free taxi ride back to the resort. So, DO NOT buy 2-way tickets from the resort.
The service staff in the resort are generally good. Friendly people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi