I was impressed the moment I got out of the ferry, because I was greeted by a beautiful beach with a coastline so long, it sets your heart and mind free just by looking at it under the bright morning sunlight.
After alighting, just walk about 200m to the immigrations, once you've cleared immigrations, you just need to walk less than 200m to the Hotel's Main Lobby, which was located on a slope behind the immigrations.
There was practically nothing much to do if you're not there for golf, I was there with my wife and upon checking in and finding out that I have indicated we're there for our Anniversary Celebration, the staff told us to wait for about 30 mins.
In the meantime, another staff approached us to register for a Journeyful Account, which was apparently the Group's name or something. Upon registering, we're entitled to 2 vouchers, which we used one for our lunch later on and the other one for a 1-hour VIP KTV Room usage.
We then deposited our bags and went for lunch at Haskell Cafe, which was a short 3 mins walk from the Main Lobby. Lunch is not cheap, considering that I was eating in an Indonesian Island, but then again, the portion is quite huge. You can expect to spend about $30 inclusive of soft drinks / Latte. But with the Voucher, we paid only about $50, similar price you would expect to pay at Swensen's in Singapore.
Upon coming back, the room was ready, But the card they issued did not work for us. It was quite a long walk from our room to the main lobby, just imagine the frustration we faced, but fortunately a cleaning staff was nearby and he used his "Master Card" to unlock our room afte checking that we really are the occupants meant for this room.
The room was fantastic. It was cooling, the towel-folded swans were laid on the bed with Bougainvilla flower petals arranged in a heart-shape, even in the washroom, everything was all nicely arranged. We had Dinner at Kopi-O. Initially I was skeptical about this as I read reviews saying the food was so-so and that it was over-priced, but I decided to give it a shot. Turned out that it's not so bad after all. $38++ for buffet per adult. Again, almost similar price you would pay in Singapore for Dinner Buffet. Food was great, although not VERY FANTASTIC, but at least it is tasty. Don't expect International Buffet kind of variety, but at least it has about 10 - 15 dishes, with tons of desserts. haha.
After Dinner, we went to sing our hearts out at the KTV using the voucher we got. We were entitled to a free 1-Hour KTV usage.
The next morning we woke up late around 9.30am and we went for a long breakfast session at Kopi-O Cafe. Breakfast was usual, as what you would expect to have at any hotels, with porridge options and omelette. Breakfast was Buffet Style, so ok, you can help yourself to as many as you like. Following that, I went for a swim at the swimming pool with the slide, which was at the leisure centre. Remember to slide down the slide with its end located at the 1.2m deep end and not the 0.8m deep end, otherwise you're likely to end up with a bruised butt.(It happened to me).
The slide was irresistible, I have to say. If you own a Waterproof phone like the Sony Xperia Z that I'm using, you can even film yourself sliding down the slide, it's quite an amazing footage. haha.
We requested for a late checkout and since it was a weekday, we managed to get a late checkout till 2pm, which was just nice, because our ferry was at 3.40pm. So after our swim, we went back to our room, cleaned up and packed up. Following that, we checked out at 2pm, then went RICE, which was a restaurant set at the beach, took our lunch, food was fantastic and the view was great, because from where we're sitting, we were facing the beach, but in an air-conditioned restaurant with large glass panels looking out.
Finishing our lunch, we just walked over to the immigration, where we subsequently boarded the ferry and it's Home Sweet Home~
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi