Arrived in the Mozaic Ferry. There are 2 ferrys per day to and fro Singapore. Checkout Mozaic Ferry for their timetable. There was a shuttle bus that brings you to the hotel lobby, or you could just walk (less than 5 mins) right up to the hotel lobby. Take lift to Level 6.
Facilities and room are a little old, but still quite ok. Room only provide some very basic toiletries. No toothbrush or shaving kit or comb or anything. Just shampoo and bath foam and shower cap. So bring your own toothbrush. Hairdryer in the shower was spoilt, when it was turned on the heating coil burned and you could smell smoke coming from it.
If you are looking to not spend much, the only things to do are to swim, gym and sun tan at the beach...pretty much it. The resort beach is relatively clean. There are 2 swimming pools, one facing the beach the other near the Leisure centre (with the kids slide into the pool). Like the reviews in here, ATV, archery, billards, karaoke, jetski etc all are not very cheap. Cycling is about S$6 an hour. Everything in the hotel is pretty much stated in Sing dollars.
Food wise was average. Not cheap, but you are staying in a resort and on a holiday and not much other place you can get food.
Pasar oleh oleh is really nothing much. Small and quite isolate, really for tourist. You can get a shuttle bus from the resort, only twice a day. To and fro is $6. Timings from hotel are 10am and 2pm. Back from pasar is 11.30am and 3.30pm. To confirm check with the hotel. Recommend if you want to go for a massage, pay a one way $3. There are a few massage places there. Usually the massage comes with a free ride back to the resort so you do not have to worry about transport back (min 2 to go).
Overall, a place to stay just to relax and do nothing but soak in the sun and sand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi