We paid $200+ extra to have a sea view. Our room is 'sea facing' but the sea was not visible. We expected to arrive direct to the Bintan Lagoon Resort terminal by their ferry but our 'transfer' is old ferry to the Bintan Is Terminal and coach to resort - tiresome after 18 hours travelling.
We had nice welcome at resort with cool drink. Long wait at check-in but given immediate access to our room. Meals are good but very expensive with 20% additional to prices for tax and service charge. Staff were very warm and service good. Our ensuite room was a good size with aircon, fan, cable TV, but needed a makeover and short on seating. The resort is isolated and charge S$6 return shuttle to nearby village of Pasar Oleh Oleh where visitors are menaced by massage pimps and educated on how 'the other half live'!
The resort has a good beach and nice pool area and provide free towels but most other activities are very expensive. Caters for golfers. The internet is very expensive but two free computers are provided in the lobby - if you can get on them!
We enjoyed the pool and beach but the excessive charges for most things throughout the entire resort was a real turnoff. Would we return - no.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea, Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven, home to sun, sea, and two spectacular golf courses.This Indonesian-style resort sprawls over 310 hectares, with a private golden sand beach that stretches 1.5 km. What sets this iconic resort apart from the rest is a private ferry terminal, landing directly at the resort’s doorstep.Whether it is a romantic spa-indulged getaway, a midweek game of golf, or a company event by the ocean, Bintan Lagoon Resort is sure to impress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.