Went on a weekend stay with family of 8 adults, 2 kids and 2 infant (1 year old). Room consist of 3 bedrooms and a not-so-large hall area. It was ok though not fantastic. Didnt use the kitchen accessories. Rice cooker smell so bad plus found some white insects in it. Thermos flask was working fine. Since we had with us, 2 kids, 2 babies and 2 elderly, we didnt have much choice but to eat at the lobby 'Kopi-O' restaurant. Food was so so pricey that we almost gone bankrupt. A plate of fried rice cost an avg of $14 and taste was just so so. The beef burger tasted like medcine, the fish & chips has got fishy smell and buffet lunch cost $28++ for adult. Totally insane!
We were recommended a seafood place (outside the resort). Went for dinner, took a mini nus ride of 15-20 mins @ $35 and 5 mins boat ride to the 'kelong' restaurant. Total bill for dinner was $290 & our heart almost sink. Food taste so so too.
We also went to the Pasar Oleh Oleh and was surprise that the place is like a dead town. Great place to buy sourveniers though. A keychain that sells for $5 at the resort cost $2 here.
We ate dinner on the 2nd night here too. Price was slightly better thatn our seafood.
At the resort, we tried the Laser Quest - this was one of the nest activities. $11/pax
At the beach, we went for snorkeling - great service from the 'instructor'. The fishes was not as fantastic as Phuket or Bali though but we manage to say hi to some jelly fish, nemo, sting ray (not near us of course), sea urchin, super huge sea shell and nice coral reefs.
The babies had fun swimming and playing in the indoor playroom where they have some little tikes toys.
Would be back to bintan again but to be prepared to cook or pack lots of instant noodles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi