Stayed there for four nights from the 7th to the 11th of March 3013.
We got a room on the 4th floor, 4105 in the east wing. We asked to get a room facing the sea and were told that it was an extra $50SGD a night, so we passed. Funny thing is from both sides of the building you couldn't see the ocean anyways, so we saved on that front. The room was adequate and everything worked fine for us.
I must say the staff at the resort were all very friendly and helpful, and all spoke from OK, to excellent English which is a plus for those of us who don't speak Indonesian. This was a real plus for me.
The food was quite good and better than we expected. Dinner at the Rice restaurant on the beach was very nice, though definitely not on the cheap side. We had the buffet dinners at the main restaurant for the other nights and it was a different theme each night and the food was for the most part very good.
We spent most of the time at the main pool which is maintained quite well, with everything working right. The place was not too full, though if it was I think getting a lounge chair would not be easy. The swim up bar at the pool did good business as well. Definitely resort prices though.
Now for the things that were disappointing:
The beach. Took a short stroll to check it out as it was odd that there was nobody down there at all. The sand is very fine and golden which is great. The problem is that the sand close to the water line has a lot of crude oil spots about 3cm across. This makes the beach a no go zone, which is a real shame as it's quite nice otherwise. There were scant things going on while we there.
The WI-Fi in the rooms is not cheap. $24SGD a day, or $49 a week. Pretty expensive really. They do offer free wi-fi in the lobby and have 2 computers set up nearby the lobby for use, with a printer attached if you need to print anything out.
Other thoughts: If paying by cash when checking out they will accept Indonesian Rupiah, Singapore $, US$ and Aussie $. If you pay via credit card the charge will be in Indo Rupiah at a fixed exchange rate of 7900 to a SGD$. All things bought at the resort also get ++ added which is a service charge and GST.
When we left the ferry terminal in Singapore we bought our quota of a liter each of beer. Then after arriving and passing through the paper work at the Bintan ferry terminal we bought a bunch more in the small shop there. Beer was only $2SGD each, compared to 8 to 10 at the resort.
Paseh Oleh Oleh, is a 20 minute bus ride from the resort, with only a few scant shops with not much to offer really. The massage shops do great business there and were very professional and the service was very good for less than half price at the resort.
Overall I think it's on OK place to stay, though 4 days was more than enough for us. I suppose if you are an avid golfer you'd be very happy there as the golf courses looked very nice and are kept in pristine condition.
I don't see myself going back there anytime soon though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi