This is a property that could be simply amazing with the right manager in place - and some investment. Everywhere you look, there is room for improvement - and you find yourself wishing that someone would just fix that sign, paint over the stain, improve breakfast *just a little* as you walk around the resort. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Pros: We made the booking from Singapore and took our three year old. He LOVED the water slide. The resort is great for families with small children and provides a nice getaway. Once we figured out the Indonesian food was terrific, we enjoyed lunch and dinner. The Japanese sushi place was excellent - and the restaurant on the beach superb. The grounds were expansive, and the place had a nice relaxed feel.
Cons: A few hundred yards from the beach restaurant, there was some very brown sludge flowing into the ocean. Could have been run-off from the forest, but it didn't smell like it. Resort ends and the garbage on the beach begins - it wouldn't kill the management to send a team in there once a month so we don't have to look at it.
Biggest plus: really easy to get there from Singapore.
Biggest minus: you rack up the charges in SGD, then you must (by law) pay in Rupiah - at a fixed exchange rate of 8000 (really?!). The prices for the food and drinks are already fairly outrageous - be aware ahead of time that this happens, and bring rupiah - you will save yourself 20%. Bring a bottle of NZ Pinot and you'll save $120 - that's the cheapest bottle of wine on the menu.
Overall, we'll go back - but maybe a little wiser, and having done the currency exchange ahead of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi