This is the ultimate golf paradise. Both the Ian Finch and Jack Nickalaus course are gorgeous. Ian Finch course is so picturesque that you forget how difficult it can play.
We got decent rooms with Swimming pool view. The swimming pools are open all day...so we enjoyed swimming at night. The beach is clean and pristine.
Service was average. It is same type of service you get when you get to super large hotels...like Las Vegas. Service takes extra long time for even the simplest requests.
Breakfast spread is good with both continental and eastern cuisines. But, every other restaurant and cafe had limited choice and way too pricey.
The billing administration is very weak. I had to go to multiple counters to get my final bill and wasted about 2 hrs. There is very little coordination between various departments. So I was not even sure if my golf bag would reach the ferry.
Also, you have to walk a lot to get to from your room to even the lobby. Once you get into the resort, do not even think of going anywhere else. Too much coordination required and there is a charge (exorbitant) for travel.
There are better resorts in the world to stay, swim and just chill out on the beach. This place is over-reated. I think there are better value and service resorts in the world than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi