This is the ultimate golf paradise. Both the Ian Finch and Jack Nickalaus course are gorgeous. Ian Finch course is so picturesque that you forget how difficult it can play.
We got decent rooms with Swimming pool view. The swimming pools are open all day...so we enjoyed swimming at night. The beach is clean and pristine.
Service was average. It is same type of service you get when you get to super large hotels...like Las Vegas. Service takes extra long time for even the simplest requests.
Breakfast spread is good with both continental and eastern cuisines. But, every other restaurant and cafe had limited choice and way too pricey.
The billing administration is very weak. I had to go to multiple counters to get my final bill and wasted about 2 hrs. There is very little coordination between various departments. So I was not even sure if my golf bag would reach the ferry.
Also, you have to walk a lot to get to from your room to even the lobby. Once you get into the resort, do not even think of going anywhere else. Too much coordination required and there is a charge (exorbitant) for travel.
There are better resorts in the world to stay, swim and just chill out on the beach. This place is over-reated. I think there are better value and service resorts in the world than this.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This deluxe resort near Singapore is famous for its idyllic surrounding and multitude of recreational choices. Set amongst beautiful beachfront gardens, the property is situated just one hour by high-speed ferry from Singapore. The property is within a short walk to the Tanjung Uban, famous of local products and gorgeous sunset view, the fish and fruit market Tanjung Pinang and the historic Chinese fishing settlement of Senggarang, where ages old Chinese shrines are found. Blending perfectly with the natural surroundings, the resort overlooks the South China Sea and archipelago of the Riau islands with sparkling azure waters, gentle swaying palm trees and fine white sands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Otel and Venere so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.