“Lovely Private Exclusiveness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas

You added Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas to your Saves list
Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Panglima Pantar | Bintan Resorts, Bintan Island, Lagoi, Riau Islands Province 29155, Indonesia   |
Singapore
“Lovely Private Exclusiveness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

My Family and I loved it so much. We were 3 groups of families and we each had our own Room and Shower Facilities.

We mixed and played together in the Lounge, Dining Area and Private Pool.

Simply loved it .........

• Liked — Privacy and Private Pool
  • Disliked — Which the Rooms each had King Sized Beds
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

Myself, husband and two sons aged 15 and 12 - stayed at the Indra Maya Villas for five nights in August 2007. We were travelling between Hong Kong, Singapore and Bintan as a special trip to mark our 40th birthdays and this was the part of the holiday where we wanted to relax, swim and soak up some sun.

We stayed in a two bedroom, sea- view villa with it's own infinity pool, and outdoor shower - there is an indoor one too if you don't fancy it!. We loved the outdoor shower, I have seen reviews saying it was dirty but its an outdoor shower and was part of the experience for us. A golf buggy was included in the price of the villa and this can be used to explore the Nirwana gardens resort, which the villas belong to.

Breakfast is included in the price of the villa. We ate breakfast at Mayang Sari where a buffet is provided over looking the beach and ocean. We has stayed at Mayang Sari the previous April (just me and my husband) so we knew what to expect and were happy to eat breakfast there for our entire stay on Bintan.

Food is also available at the hotel, either at the coffee shop, restaurant or the poolside bar. We particularly enjoyed the fixed price buffet barbecue that was available in the evenings. It was reasonably priced with an excellent choice of food freshly cooked for you whilst you watch traditional Indonesian entertainment.
Kelong Restaurant is well worth a visit too. It is a seafood restaurant that is sat on stilts above the sea. You can either use your golf buggy to travel to it or there is a courtesy bus from the Nirwana resort. It really next door to Indra Maya Villas. There is also a Thai restaurant in the resort that we have tried on a previous rip to Bintan. We did enjoy the food here but found it to be very pricey.

Nirwana offers a whole host of spa treatments. My husband I used the Kedaton Spa a couple of times for a full body massage and a pedicure for me. The whole experience was relaxing and well worth it. It is important to book your treatments as soon as you can as they do get booked up quickly.

I can not tell you how much we enjoyed our stay at Indra Maya. It is a beauiful place. The villas are ideally siuated just far enough away from the main hotel to offer you serenity but close enough to allow you to be pampered and spoilt. As a final tip, just because you will have the luxury of having your own pool, don't let the opportunity of visiting the beach and swimming in the sea at Mayang Sari pass you by. It truly is not to be missed.

• Liked — location, infinity pool, view out to sea, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

Have read the 2 reviews of Indra Maya Villas, I was not expecting too much. No, it's not cheap, we paid SG$4,200 for 5 nights for a 2-bedroom seaview villa. You know what, maybe since my expectation is low, it turned out to be quite a nice experience for us. My son who is only 14-month old just loved the pool. My husband and I really enjoyed the view. Our friends really loved the place. Yes there are ants, spiders, bats, etc... you name it. But my friend said when she was staying at the Ritz Carlton villas in Bali, these friends of nature come and go as their wishes too. I guess once you know what to expect, things just get more enjoyable.

Not worth going to town for the visit though. Vsiting fisi
hing villiages or taking a ride on the back of an elephant has way more fun.

Seafood is excellent! Maybe not the best cooked but good enough and cheap.

The Thai restaurant close to Indar Maya Villas is a nice place but food is so so.

Not much to do really in Bintan. Just sit back and relax.

Not recommended to swim in the sea. Somehow the water is oily.

• Liked — the pool and the seaview
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

Firstly, I am still amazed that all websites place this hotel, along the 6 others owned under Bintan Resorts, as part of Singapore hotel! It really bewilders me.

I paid SGD$960 fo a 1 night stay in a 3-bedroom villa with private pool. The pool was the best thing in the villa, though a little small. If you wanna swim laps, it can only accomodate 3 people.

The master bedroom was large, but the other 2 bedrooms were tiny, very much like the size of a 1-room HDB flat bedroom. The pictures shown in the brochures/website are not what you get. See my real pictures. The furnishing is bare - very disappointing for the money I paid. The sunken bath is crap. It's open to the elements, including ants, spiders, leaves, and even monkeys. We had 5 unwelcomed friends visit us in the evening. In my picture, you'll see moss, slime and whetever else in the sunken bath. We didn't even dare take a 2nd look, what more use it. I paid for the use of it, as it was unique - I was ripped off!

The phone line didn't work. I had to use my handphone to call for housekeeping, front desk, etc. The multiplugs (3 in total) we all loose. There was no way you could use more than 1 appliance concurrently with the plugs. I called for maintenance at 4pm (with my hp), then once again at 5pm and finally the hotel manager at 6pm (after maintenance failed to come after 2 hours)! The tv reception is very blur - fuzzy pictures on all channels. THEY DON'T HAVE CANLE TV AT ALL!! WOW - SGD$960 AND NO CABLE! Thank goodness we brought DVDs.

The restaurants are all small, but the service is ok. Generally, the staff will make you feel welcomed but the maintenance of the entire place is atrocious.

Overall, it's a rip-off. Do not stay here. It's not worth you money. If I have to do it all over again, I would only pay SGD500 at most for this villa. Oh ya, 1 more thing, if you really have to stay at this villa, don't take the sea view. You'll see (that for a SGD$100 more than the hillside view), you only get to see a small angle of the sea, and at low tide, you'll see mud instead of sea.

The main purpose why I'm writing such a negative review is because this place is managed by Singapore. Singapore hotels are not cheap but people expect good service and high standards for their hotels. It is most disappointing that the management has such a short term view of clientele and business. No customer would ever wanna return again. Once again, I stress - it's a rip off!

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — maintenance
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Lagoi hotels

sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

Stayed in a 3 bedroom villa for 2 nights in October, 2007.

The size of the villa was great, the pool area is well maintained and the privacy is worthwhile. Staff and service was excellent - they were accomodating and responsive. Having a buggy to get around the resort was great.

The downside is, the villas are in serious need of an upgrade. They are tired. Some serious limestone cleaning both at the front of the villa and around the outdoor bathroom area is required. The kitchen needs an upgrade and a decent floor polish would go a long way as you can see years of furniture been dragged across the floors.

At close to sgd$1000 per night with taxes you'd expect more.

• Liked — Privacy
  • Disliked — Upgrade required
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

Our family of four - myself, husband and two teenagers aged 16 and 14 - stayed at the Indra Maya Villas for three nights early in July 2007. This was the "beach resort" part of our holiday to Singapore and we just loved it! After sight seeing in Singapore for four days, this relaxing and luxurious treat was very welcome.

We stayed in a three bedroom, sea view villa - it was right on the beachfront (although you can't swim in the ocean at this part of the resort due to sharp rocks being too close) with a private horizon pool. As the children and myself are keen swimmers this was heaven on a stick! I swam every morning before anyone else was awake in the warm air surrounded by tropical jungle - completely private, skinny dipping no problem! The high price (approx AU$880 incl taxes per night) was worth it for us - we prefer the space and privacy and didn't mind paying for it on this occasion. It was a special trip for us and staying at Indra Maya was the icing on the cake.

A golf bugy was included in the price as was breakfast. We actually preferred the Coffee Shop restaurant for breakfast rather than the open air cafe at Mayang Sari (even though its closer to Villa). But the food is nothing special at any of the resort restaurants (especially after being spoiled by the standard of the food in Singapore). The only place we really did all enjoy was the Kelong Restaurant - not far from the Villa out on the end of a jetty. (Just a note here - we did bring some long-life food items with us from Singapore for snacks etc as there is a full kitchen in the Villa which was also stocked with some drinks but no milk).

We were able to indulge in the facilities of the whole Nirwana Gardens Resort (which covers quite a few square hecatres) - so we also swam in the ocean both at the Mayang Sari and Beach Club area (where kids did snorkelling and jetski riding - at an extra cost), and used the lagoon pool at the main Nirwana Gardens Resort complete with swim up bar (my son and I enjoyed a fruit smoothie here late one afternoon!). My daughter and I used the Kedaton spa a couple of times - firstly for a full body massage (at spa prices cheaper than those in Singapore), and the next day at their hair salon in main Nirwana Garsdens area where I indulged in a cream hair scalp massage and treatment - just divine! My daughter had a mani and pedi.

I won't describe the villa too much here as you can see from the photos on the Nirwana Gardens Resort website how special they are.

The only downer to the Villa was an invasion of quite large black ants in one of the ensuites (each of the three bedrooms has a bathroom attached) on ouyr first night. We rang reception and a service man was there within 10 minutes with insect spray and did what he could. However the situation didn't improve and we called them again and two men came and also treated an area outside the villa. But for the rest of the three days this was a problem with many dead ants on the floor in that ensuite each day - even though they then did get cleaned up by housekeeping. I suppose it's the price you pay for being essentially smack bang in the middle of jungle. Other downer was a couple of issues with a toilet that got blocked - however, once again, the service people were there within 10 minutes of the call to fix the problem. I think we werre there at a fairly quiet time (also mid-week) so the service we received was first class.

All-in-all it was a beautiful three days and if you enjoy serenity then Indra Maya Villas are for you. Please don't hesitate to PM me if there are any other questions you may have.

• Liked — Private pool and seclusion
  • Disliked — Black ants and broken toilet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Bad Friedrichshall, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

We stayed at the Indra Maya Villas with two friends for five days in June 2007. We had a Hilltop-Villa with a fantastic view to the sea. Check-In takes place at Mayang Sari Beach Resort, but not at the regular check-in-desk, but in a special air-conditioned lounge only for Indra Maya guests.

The villa was spacious, two large bedrooms, the first one with regular shower and additional outdoor sunken bath/shower, the other one with regular bathroom/shower, a large living area with dining-table, a seperate kitchen and an extra bathroom with another shower.

As you enter the villa you first step into a small patio with a well, the sound of the dripping water is just music in your ears.

Directly behind the living area, and also reachable from both bedrooms, you will find the terrace with private pool. At some villas the pool is behind the building, at others you will find the pool at the side, directly next to the second bedroom. In every case there is a small pavillon - Bali-style - as well as garden furniture, two deckchairs and a sunshade.

Our pool was at the side of the building, which was okay. It was cleaned every day, the villa service came twice a day to take a look if everything is fine.

To make it short: the accomodation is perfect, privacy guaranteed, very luxurious, clean and safe.

There is a golf-cart provided, included in the rate, for sure. The cart is extremely helpful, for it was hot and humid and the premises of Nirwana Gardens Resort are very spacious.

We visited some resort-restaurants, especially the Thai restaurant 'Baan Aarya', which belongs to Indra Maya Villas can be highly recommended as well as the Kelong Seafood Restaurant. We had breakfast at the Spice Restaurant which belongs to the Mayang Sari Resort, friendly service and great food! Only the large 'Coffee-Shop-Restaurant' which belongs to the Nirwana Gardens main resort, was poor - in food and service.

We also had a spa treatment at the Kedaton Spa (Mayang Sari Resort) with a complementary upgrade to the garden pavillon. This is a must! Not cheap but absolutely worth it!

The staff in all parts of the resort is extremely polite, friendly and helpful.

To say it in a few words: we surely will return to Indra Maya someday, prices for accomodation are high, but absolutely worth it. The Villas are beautiful, the beaches are fantastic and the service is imperceptible but extremely attentive.

• Liked — The luxury, the privacy, the great food, the spa treatment, the service level.
  • Disliked — Dinner at 'The Coffee-Shop-Restaurant'.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas? Share your experiences!