“Great staff and view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel Rovio (Albergo del Parco)

You added Park Hotel Rovio (Albergo del Parco) to your Saves list
Park Hotel Rovio (Albergo del Parco)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ronchi 8, Rovio 6821, Switzerland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rovio
Fribourg, Switzerland
“Great staff and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Not only is Park-Hotel situated high up with a great view, the staff were great! Everyone was very friendly and professional. I forgot my (sentimentally) valuable earrings in the room, and they were sent back to me withing no time! I want to thank the Park-Rovio staff for that.

As for the hotel itself, it offers a nice park and a swimming pool, which was good because I was travelling with a child. The room we had was very comfortable, only that the aircondition was not working. The breakfast was very delicious and fresh.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for place to rest.

Zuki Dinh

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed for some days at Park Hotel Rovio with my family and we enjoied place and food very much.
The position of the hotel is excellent, nice view of the Lugano Lake and a relaxing sorrounding area including a beautiful swimming pool where my children spent a lot of time. If you want to go for shopping you can reach Lugano downtown in few minutes.The staff is very kind and professional. The Restaurant offers genuine and accurate cuisine at a good price. I will surely come back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Coldstream, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed in a villa very near to the Park Hotel in Rovio and had driven by and found the location, grounds and the old charm hotel quite lovely.
Not so the food. We decided to treat ourselves to a meal on our last night and we had an hour to wait for our meal. The menu choice was poor and the buffet looked uninspiring. The other diners didn't seem to be smiling and a couple just next to our table were complaining about the buffet. The kids pizzas were very basic and really not up to takeaway pizza standard. My husband and I were unimpressed with the steaks and the vegetables were soft and mushy. We didn't even bother with a dessert. We had superior meals at local grottos. A hotel like this should really be serving up some special food or at least some palatable food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Last month I spend my holidays in Lugano. I chose the "Park-Hotel Rovio" to stay in for several days. I must say that I'm very satisfied with my choice.
When I arrived in Rovio at the "Park-Hotel Rovio" I was struck by the hotel's position: an exceptional view over lake Lugano, surrounded by natural beauty on all sides, a relaxing background in the tranquillity of a retreat in the mountains.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I was able to sleep very well.
The cuisine was of gourmet standard. The waiters are very courteous and polite.
In general, I liked the place very much.
If I come back to Lugano, I'll stay at the "Park-Hotel Rovio" again.
I would recommend the hotel to everybody who wants to get that bit more from their holidays.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We have just returned from a tour of Europe and stayed for four nights at the Park Hotel in Rovio, which we could not fault. The staff were attentive, friendly and very helpful. The hotel's situation, above Lake Lugano is stunning and the gardens and swimming pool superb. There are not enough adjectives to describe our stay there. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced compared to other restaurants in the area. It is easy to explore the surrounding area and lakes but it is also a wonderful place to just chill out and relax in the beautiful gardens or round the pool. The only thing the hotel could do with is air conditioning as it was in the 30s while we were there but we asked for a got a fan which made life more comfortable. Other than that we'd give this hotel 10 out of 10.

Ann and Pete Allsop
Sheffield

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

loved my stay at the Park Hotel Rovio: it was a wounderfull experience. The staff were wery professional and helpful. Eccellent location with nice view. We booked a Konfort room and we found it a large room with a large bathroom. Of course they had other category even very small with low price but we were not interesting in it's. Fabulous breakfast. We were upgraded to lakeside view which was very nice.
We will come certenly again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Donrodrigo17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

For the price an excellent place. Unbeatable location, very nice service and management (very flexible), excellent food, peace like in paradise. Swimming pool in the wonderful garden, sauna, fitness, wi-fi, .... Everything largely over the standard of a swiss *** hotel of that price (Switzerland is very expensive). Decoration is very simple but with a renewal in the furniture and in some details it could easily become a **** hotel. I arrived at the hotel for a two days stay on a trip to Italy with my family. Rovio is a wonderful small village on a hill giving a beautiful view on the Lugano's lake (very similar to Como's lake). We had the opportunity to do some relaxing, easy promenades in the mountains around while our children were in the swimming pool in the garden. At the check-in people were very kind. The room was very nice (we had a mini suite) and had even a jacuzzi. The view on the lake on one side of the room and on a waterfall on the other were great. Everything was simple but made with love. As we left and returned to our trip to Italy we had the sensation to have lived in a romantic paradise.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Park Hotel Rovio (Albergo del Parco)? Share your experiences!