“excellent views and good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Seeburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ringgenberg 3852 , Switzerland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ringgenberg
Gandhidham, India
“excellent views and good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

A very good family run hotel with the best views of all the places we stayed in switzerland. The breakfast was not great but just fine. The hotel is a bit far from city and buses and boats are avaliable nearby within every 20 mins. views so wonderful that you will forget everything else.

Room Tip: get the rooms on first floor with balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Provo, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

If you are looking for a Hilton or Marriott, this isn't the place. But if you are looking for a clean, nice, quiet hotel that is set in the most beautiful location on earth, then this is the place for you. The price is good, and the management is friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I wrote reviews on several websites for this hotel - having revisited this site, I find that my review has disappeared apart from the first sentence! Perhaps my connection cut out. Several months later, I still think about Hotel Seeburg and what a lovely stay I had there, which in itself says much about the place.

The poor reviews may be written by people who expect Four Seasons Luxury 5* despite being in front of scenery that is off the scale in beauty. Most people spend a couple of nights, I stayed for ten days. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a room overlooking the lake, with an ample balcony and a beautifully comfortable bed. My room was spotless, the bedding of high quality and ample storage space. Breakfast was really wonderful - Swiss cheese, assorted fresh bread, meats, juices, fruit, yoghurts, jams, and a perfectly boiled egg every morning if requested. I ate breakfast outside on the edge of the lake and dwarfed by the Alps. I've yet to find a better breakfast place.

The restaurant in the evening is excellent, produce 100% fresh, carefully cooked, again with a wonderful view if you visit in late Spring/Summer. Cost is reasonable for quality/view - remember, this is Switzerland. Go into a local supermarket to see food prices.It can cost more to buy food for a picnic than to sit down in a restaurant for lunch. Having my dinner served to the sound of birdsong and the changing colours of Lake Brienz was magical, an experience I repeated several times and never tired of.

Access to public transport is easy; a boat stops at regular intervals, a 10 minute walk to a bus. Those with walking difficulties should consider bringing their own transport, but there is a lift in the hotel and the grounds are flat.

The owners are exceptional - this is a family run hotel. I am a late breakfaster, I was never made to feel rushed only left to read and eat at leisure. On departure, they gave me a lift to Interlaken station and gave me a bottle of wine as a farewell present - made from grapes grown at Europe's highest altitude - because I'd helped them with some translation. Apart from the view, there is a lovely 'feel' in this hotel - probably because the owners are so pleasant. I hope to return in April May - with family.

Room Tip: Book a balcony room - the views are amazing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This was my first visit to Switzerland and I must admit that I have fallen in love with its' beauty and its' people. Our single night stay in the Hotel Seeburg was comfortable and hospitable. The owner & family were very accomodating, friendly and warm. Having traveled throughout Europe, the rooms were more than comfortable with a firm double bed, chest of drawers, desk and table with chairs. The bath was en suite and, guessing by the size, an add-on. But, nonetheless, we managed fine and had no complaints regarding the room or furnishings.

We stayed in room 8 which was one of the few rooms with a large balcony with chairs and a table. This made for a lovely evening of relaxation in what has to be one of the most beautiful locations I've ever visited. The next morning, it also allowed for a breathtaking sunrise over the lake. Our lodging neighbors who shared this semi-private balcony we're also keen to enjoy the scenery and were very sweet and kind.

Now, the only disappointing part of this review will be the food. It's clear the food is "rustic" and traditional fare for this part of the world, however, even rustic food should be prepared well at the prices being charged. Granted, the outdoor dining with the scenery was worth the money alone, but I was hoping for just a bit more care and expertise with the food. My pork cutlet with mushroom gravy was beyond overcooked and so dry that not even the mushroom gravy could help. My dining partners NY strip wasn't too much better, but was at least the proper tempurature as ordered.

Our lodging included breakfast which, contrary to the others of whom reviewed this meal, was most disappointing. Perhaps being an American, my expectations weren't fair for this part of the world. However, there was nothing offered which was slightly warm aside from the coffee. All the items were cold; ham, proscuitto, varying cheeses, breads, muffins, cereal, muslix, yogurt, and juices. A pan of scrambled eggs at the very least would have been sufficient.

All in all, this experience was wonderful, food aside. The only other word of advice I would share is relating to the parking. Luckily, we had leased a smaller car for our travels as there were 8-10, slender parking spots maximum. We would have enjoyed another few days at the Seeburg - it was a lovely hotel in a stunning environment.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room on the second floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Great surroundings, unsurpassed view, very friendly staff, comfortable rooms

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Me and my wife visited Europe for 17 days and this turned out to be the best location. Great for honeymonners. Great colors of Lake Brienz you can witness from this hotel. Great spot for Sun rise and Moon rise. Owner is so kind. Great breakfast, here we have had the best soft bread in the world. I would suggest everyone who visit Interlaken and nature lover should stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Seeburg? Share your experiences!