“Amazing experience and lots of great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“Amazing experience and lots of great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We found the restaurant by coincidence walking approx. 2km from our BB (Mangia e durmi) to Leivi. Since there is a new owner we did not know what to expect but the experience was amazing. There is only one menu for 35 EUR which includes starters, 2 primi, 2 secondi, dessert, café, water, a bottle of good wine and (in our case) a digestif. You cannot choose what to get but I can assure you that you'll be pleasantly surprised. It was a mix of terra e mare with excellent seafood, pasta and many little delights. It is impossible to eat everything so do not start finishing your first dishes - there is many more to come. Service was excellent, even though the waiter did not speak much English we could communicate perfectly well and felt at home. We spend three hours in total and did not eat much the following day. I can only recommend to anyone to try that place, you will not regret it!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hove
“My favourite restaurant in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I've been going to Pepen since 1990, and I've experienced a few ups and downs over the years. When I visited in 2007 I was disappointed - it seemed as if Pepen had lost it's direction.
I'm delighted to say that, with the recent change of ownership, it has rediscovered it's Mojo, and is now back serving superb food at an incredible value.
We visited on a Sunday night, and were seated in the atmospheric main dining room, one wall of which is carved out of the mountain rock. There then followed the first of our 14 courses - Crispy fried pastry parcels with local cold meats, followed by cheeses, creamy salads, mushrooms and parmigiana, fagioli, (and others I can't remember). Then came the pasta courses - superb seafood ravioli, and a different ravioli in a nut sauce, then baked fish, mussels, roast beef, rounded off with a semifreddo dessert, coffee and Limoncello.
And the cost for this banquet? 35 euro per head, which included as much wine as you wanted.
If you want authentic, regional Italian food in a beautiful setting, then come here, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2011