“A Very Special Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Piazza XX Settembre 1, 53040 Serre di Rapolano, Rapolano Terme, Italy   |
Siena, Toscana, Italy
“A Very Special Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A perfect place for a our special weekend! We live here in Tuscany and there are many places to choose from, but this is by far the best yet. We stayed there in Oct 12 for two nights and couldn't fault it in any way, the list is long....a real castle, beautiful views, loverly rooms, excellent breakfasts, and the owners Shelly and Antonio make you feel so welcome. Highly recommended, I can't wait for another special weekend there!

Room Tip: All the rooms are special, ask the owner Shelly and she will advise whats best for your needs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Lake Forest, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I could spend a lifetime sitting by the pool or dreaming out the next winery or place to visit with the Castello del Serre as a home base. OK so perhaps not a full lifetime unless Sal, Antonio and Shelly want a permanent houseguest, but it was amazing and the perfect location to see all of Tuscany. Was my home base for a week. OMG....wineries, tips on where to visit, more wineries, history lessons and invaluable discussion that connected me with my family’s Italian heritage.

Truth...I think going back nearly every day. I have a set of pictures on my smart phone I flip through to keep the dream alive until next time. Oh yeah...I also cannot wait to see what Sal did with the rest of the property as he expands and adds new features. Don't go to Italy without this as one of your stops!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Don't miss the opportunity to stay in the Castello delle Serre, a luxurious and first class castle in the heart of Tuscany. Sal, Antonio, and Shelley are the best hosts and they will spoil you with their service and outstanding food and drinks. We had drinks by the pool, a private picnic/party on the grounds with wine, fresh meats, breads, and cheeses, and then an unbelievable five course meal put on by the proprietors. Sal is a wealth of knowledge regarding the area's history and where to go and see, as well as a master storyteller. Overall a great experience and we will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at Castello delle Serre last summer. There were 30 of us. We had a wonderful time and everything was first class. from the fabulous meals and entertainment they arranged for us to the beautiful accomodations, the wonderful pool and the fabulous offsite excursions. If you have not visited Castello delle Serre, you must! A perfect location between Rome & Florence with the beauty of Tuscany!

Room Tip: All Rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

July, 2012 my husband and I googled "best places to stay in Tuscany." From the wonderful descriptions and reviews we chose Castello delle Serre and booked a few nights. It went beyond our expectations. Shelley and all the family ( Hi Sal! :) ) were amazing hosts, so helpful recommending places to see, restaurants to try, incredibly relaxed and gracious. Our room in the castle tower was spectacular, a lovely small living room, gorgeous bathroom and a winding staircase which led up to our bedroom complete with lovely antique furniture. The bed was so comfortable, and it was beautifully quiet. The pool is absolutely beautiful, comfortable lounge chairs... I could go on and on..suffice it to say, we did not want to leave when it was time to check out. We promised ourselves we would be back and.... we are! We have just booked our second visit for July of this year and cannot wait. If you choose one place to stay in Tuscany let it be here, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower and it was stunning. This time we're trying a different room. I'm cer...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friends recommended this bed & breakfast hotel and they couldn't have given us better advice. It was such a memorable stay and definitely the place I would like to choose for my honeymoon. Not only was the family that manages the property more than helpful they were a joy to be around. We enjoyed all of their recommendations for dining experiences, highlights of the area, and which wineries to visit. They also have a wonderful wine selection so we enjoyed picking a wine from their cellar (a former water cistern converted into a cellar...so unique) and then enjoy in the grand salon in the evenings. The location was great, rooms were spacious, loved the bathrooms, and overall just loved staying in a castle hotel! This is definitely the place to stay in Tuscany to really get the true feel of the culture, the food, the wine, the land, and the people.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I’m not the sort of person that normally writes a revue. I have travelled to many places in the world but I had such an amazing experience during my one week long stay at Castello delle Serre I thought I would give you all my 2 cents worth. From the moment we booked we had amazing customer service. Shelley was so helpful on email with any questions we had. Once we arrived the place was magical even better then in the photos. The place is visually extraordinary and has a medieval romantic feel to it. The staff are brilliant, easy going, helpful and kind. They all bent over backwards to make us happy and made us feel very special. Also everyone is fluent in English which is a big bonus if your Italian is limited to ciao (like mine). The rooms are stunning very clean, spacious and quiet I didn’t hear any noise. We had a great view from the window. The wifi was free and the signal was always strong and fast and not once did it cut out during my entire stay.
Sal made some wonderful meals during the week and I’m still thinking about the delicious coffee we had at breakfast. We really did have such a relaxing week. The staff are so helpful with advice about day trips and things to visit to cooking tips. They are happy to share information. They are genuinely all just lovely people. By the end of the week they felt like family to us and I was really sad to leave. I honestly having nothing bad to say, I cant fault anything and i would love to go back. If you would like to experience Tuscany then this place is a MUST!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Castello delle Serre? Share your experiences!