July, 2012 my husband and I googled "best places to stay in Tuscany." From the wonderful descriptions and reviews we chose Castello delle Serre and booked a few nights. It went beyond our expectations. Shelley and all the family ( Hi Sal! :) ) were amazing hosts, so helpful recommending places to see, restaurants to try, incredibly relaxed and gracious. Our room in the castle tower was spectacular, a lovely small living room, gorgeous bathroom and a winding staircase which led up to our bedroom complete with lovely antique furniture. The bed was so comfortable, and it was beautifully quiet. The pool is absolutely beautiful, comfortable lounge chairs... I could go on and on..suffice it to say, we did not want to leave when it was time to check out. We promised ourselves we would be back and.... we are! We have just booked our second visit for July of this year and cannot wait. If you choose one place to stay in Tuscany let it be here, you will not be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Delle Serre Hotel
- Castello Delle Serre Hotel Serre Di Rapolano
- Castello Delle Serre Serre Di Rapolano, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello delle Serre, a historical castle converted to B&B Hotel is located in the heart of Tuscany. The castle is just a short drive from all major points of interest, such as Chianti, Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Arezzo, Cortona and Florence. The property functions as an upscale B&B, offering luxurious accommodations, all with a private bathroom, air conditioning, swimming pool, pool bar, stunning views and private parking. Breakfast is served daily and occasional dinners based on a minimum head count. We welcome you to come and experience sophisticated elegance. ... more less